Rubbing noise after replacing struts

zepher0n

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 95 GTS. Yesterday I replaced my front struts (after a hell of a time getting the top nuts off the original ones -__-). Took her for a test drive and everything seems excellent. It rides better, no noises, nothing. Today I started her up and drove her to work and discovered a bizarre "rubbing" kind of noise from driver side front wheel area that increases with speed. It does not seem to be as bad/noticable when turning or while braking. I'm currently at work and can't obviously jack it up to find out what's going on. Any ideas you can just throw out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
maybe the dust shield too.Does it happen when your turning, going straight, or all the time?

OP
OP
Z

zepher0n

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I did have some issues getting the dust shield to stay in place on the new driver side strut. I do not hear the noise so much when I turn or brake. Hoping my caliper has not started to act up.

OP
OP
Z

zepher0n

Reaction score
Oddly enough, when I drove it briefly this morning, I didn't hear the noise. Hopefully it cleared itself up. Still going to have them look at it when I finally get it aligned again tonight. Thanks for the input, CC'S; much appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.