Pulling when braking.

94RedGt

Reaction score
My car wants to pull to the left when i step on the brakes, i have to turn the steering wheel a bit to the right or else it will pull the wheel to the left on its own, kind of like when u go over a speedbump with one tire only. I have checked my front brakes and both seem to be working fine and both slide without problem, the rears are good also. My car is lowered and still have not installed CC plates and bumpsteer kit wich i need because when going over bumps this thing wants to go everywere. I asked a budy and he told me it could be that my Caster is out of alignment.
When i took my car to get aligned the tech told me that he was not able to adjust the caster and it was off in the right side , ofc it cant be adjusted with stock camber plates. Will getting an alignment with a set of CC plates fix this ?

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
no answer, but same issue here. only when I brake hard though after a pull. no cc plates here though. I know I deff need them as my caster is off more on the right than left and it pulls that way. hella jdm yo

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
If caster is out it will pull some, but check your lower ball joints, if they have any play at all, it will pull as well..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
Well the guy told me my car would pull right because the caster on the passanger wheel was off but this car pulls left when braking, also started noticing that it will pull even when lighly pressing the brake pedal so im starting to think on of my front brake is not braking like the other, oh well screw it since ill soon upgrade to cobra brakes.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Upgrading to Cobra brakes is a huge gain over the GT stuff. I love the braking in my Cobra compared to my GT. It's night and day. Except my cobra is pulling right now lol

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If one of the caliper pistons are stuck, then all the fluid pressure is going to the one that works.
I think it pulls to the side that IS working.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I would say, if you are not too lazy, swap the pads and rotors from one side to the other, and see if the problem will follow the swap. That would be my first step in trying to troubleshoot an issue like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online