Need Advice on upgrading springs and shocks??

Knuckles85

Reaction score
So im looking into upgrading the springs and shocks on my 95 gt. Im lookin at the Koni STR.T or the sports and as far as springs go either Steeda sports or H&R SS. Any opinions?

OP
OP
Knuckles85

Knuckles85

Reaction score
yeah i thought about bilsteins but they are pretty expensive. How much lowering did you get from the steedas??

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
H&R SS with Bilsteins. Cannot go wrong there.

OP
OP
Knuckles85

Knuckles85

Reaction score
Yeah ill have to look into the bilstein shocks. Any sites that might be running a sale or have them at a good price?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i thought about bilsteins but they are pretty expensive. How much lowering did you get from the steedas??

Around 1.5 inches in all four corners. I have fit 3 fingers between the fender and the tire with my current wheel/tire combo. It's very clean drop and still very streetable. Luckily with Steeda Sport Springs you don't need C&C plates as badly as you would H&Rs due to the amount of drop you get. I'd still recommend getting them but I haven't yet and it has shown no issues. Bilsteins are expensive but worth the money. The monotube design is amazing and IMO better than the Twin Tube esp for daily driving.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
AM had them on sale for like 25 off each strut a few Weeks ago, I didn't order at that time. than they had the super sports on sale $25 off. I didn't order. 1 week after I decided I was going with that set up and lost saved money lol.

I just put them on. the ride is firm not like stock but just a great firm feeling. they have but settled yet so I can't show you any good pics, but maybe you'll see me in the street lol. which reminds me I need to PM you lol

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I will say that the Steeda Springs rides smoothly like stock except you can definitely feel the better firmness. I can't explain it but it's one of the best springs I've riden in. I can't wait to feel them with the bilsteins. It's going to be amazing.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Dang, and I never gave any chance to the Steeda springs when I purchased mine. I had B springs before and they were garbage, although I must say they were smooth. How much of a drop did the steeda springs net? I went with H&R's because my GT rides amazing with those and feels firm, also the look is just awesome! I hope the H&R's on my Cobra settle because the front is higher than the rear :/ You will love the Bilestein's man! Have you posted any pics with said springs yet?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Dang, and I never gave any chance to the Steeda springs when I purchased mine. I had B springs before and they were garbage, although I must say they were smooth. How much of a drop did the steeda springs net? I went with H&R's because my GT rides amazing with those and feels firm, also the look is just awesome! I hope the H&R's on my Cobra settle because the front is higher than the rear :/ You will love the Bilestein's man! Have you posted any pics with said springs yet?

Both of you should check out my build thread. I just uploaded new photos that better show the drop. It's not crazy slammed but it's a lot better than OEM and it rides fantastic. I am very eager to get some Bilsteins, upgraded sway bars, and subframes under the car to really complete it all.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran both steeda sport springs and H&R super sports with my tokico illuminas, i swiched to H&R SS because with the steedas it just doesnt have the lowered look. H&R SS is my favorite spring for sure.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
For Pure looks with a good ride.. Ide say H&R SS and some Koni yellows.

I just put on Koni yellows and H&R race springs. Lowers it about 1.5 in front and 1.25 out back.. keeps it nice and level for auto-x.But alas the races are a stiffer spring so ya bounce a tad more going over bumps, but the shocks are still on the softer setting so it helps even it out. I also have about 200lbs of parts in the trunk, so that miiiiight factor in lol. Also running MM CC plates with MM XL SFCs and upgraded swaybars with -2 camber.. Also it might help to note, I AM running ALL Poly bushings. I mean ALL.

Otherwise i Love the ride compared to stock and the KYB AGX struts I had before. The ride is nice, lower, tight and responds very well to everything..

Again, if this is just for a normal DD mustang. Ide say Bilsteins, Koni yellows, and HR SS.

Might not be the answer your looking for.. either or

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Knuckles , u changed ur avatar pic .Wtf man ? Lol. I loved the old one

Ir car is all race tho right ? Go coilovers all around .

OP
OP
Knuckles85

Knuckles85

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I want it to be able to be somewhat comfortable on the streets and maybe do some auto x. I wish I could do coilovers but just dont. Have the coin right now lol.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I want it to be able to be somewhat comfortable on the streets and maybe do some auto x. I wish I could do coilovers but just dont. Have the coin right now lol.

Do coilovers upfront and springs outback.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I think there are two different Knuckles on this site now... the other one has been here for a while.

oh shoot you are right! I just looked at this guys post count and join date, also location, not knuckles lol. I take back the sending you a PM dude lol. it was meant for the other knuckles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.