1/4" drop removing isos? nope!!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
why the hell does it look fn higher after removing my isos????? i got the idea from another forum i wont mention.."MM", lol after a bunch of remarks about my wheels being too big or dont like body kits bs i was told to get the rake i want to remove the isos in the front...so after 3 hrs and greasing top and bottom of springs to keep quiet this is what i got!! before
403546_138074282993897_100003739778725_156315_1778295836_n.jpg
after:mad:
120602_114312.jpg
it looks fn higher, wtf!!!!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
You're on different levels... Regardless, removing them will not make it higher by any ways so maybe it's the angle or the incline you were on in the first picture. Did you take measurements before & after or just going off the pictures?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are the springs oriented the same way in the spring pearches? Drive it around a day and see if the springs will settle back in too.

JRad405

Reaction score
I think it is your camera angle and possible different location. But give it a few days to settle again?

To be honest your car seemed really low to begin with. Haha. Why the desire for more low?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I think it is your camera angle and possible different location. But give it a few days to settle again?

To be honest your car seemed really low to begin with. Haha. Why the desire for more low?
the reason is to just get a little rake, i love the rake look on an sn95! not a joe dirt look but a slight rake just for the look.....

joekd

Reaction score
I put urethane iso's in mine when I installed the springs, to me I would rather have the car sit a little then risk any noise

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I put urethane iso's in mine when I installed the springs, to me I would rather have the car sit a little then risk any noise
sit a little? yea i got talked into removing the isos, wasnt worth it at all!! i know its not actually higher but it just didnt take it down like i thought...

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
You're on different levels... Regardless, removing them will not make it higher by any ways so maybe it's the angle or the incline you were on in the first picture. Did you take measurements before & after or just going off the pictures?
im not worried bout it, i know its not actually gonna be higher, just a little pd it didnt take it down like i was hoping!!!

JoshHooten

Reaction score
Yea you definitely want to make sure the springs are clocked right. When i first installed my springs I put them in wrong and the car sat 1/2 in too high.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Yea you definitely want to make sure the springs are clocked right. When i first installed my springs I put them in wrong and the car sat 1/2 in too high.
hmmm....maybe i did f that up, im pretty sure they went in the same.....but im gonna make sure, oh & hey u got my vote dude rotm....no spoiler with a cowl hood....great look!!!

twovalveterror

Reaction score
+1 for making sure the springs are clocked. not sure if they'll settle back into position or not, you may have to get back under there and fix them. I've never heard of greasing the springs to stop noise. I wrapped them with the inner tube of a bike tire! not a peep from the front end since.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
+1 for making sure the springs are clocked. not sure if they'll settle back into position or not, you may have to get back under there and fix them. I've never heard of greasing the springs to stop noise. I wrapped them with the inner tube of a bike tire! not a peep from the front end since.
i used black grease, some thick stuff......i used it alot on other cars i lowered or for air bag mounts to keep them quiet....inner tubes huh...might be a good idea dude!!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
if the spring went back in the same place there's literally no way it can sit higher. how'd the isolators look that you took out?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
they looked smashed, prolly why it didnt really take it down cause the were already kinda gone, lol!! thats what im thinkin

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Very possible, if it was the stock rubber ones they get pretty flat and ripped up. X2 ball joints without the spring spacer will give you more drop too.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
they looked smashed, prolly why it didnt really take it down cause the were already kinda gone, lol!! thats what im thinkin
i have steeda ball joints that were a fn fortune!! they were worth it tho, im just gonna drive it around today and see if maybe my spring shifts into place better....if not then i guess i got rid of some extra weight on a positive not, lmao!! 14.2 oz's, lol.....makes up for the difference of my 84 lb 20s!!!! thats a peice, lol!!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Your car looked slammed anyways. Every stang I've dropped I've left Iso's in.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The second pic looks to have some rake going on, but like the guys said go rip it around a bit throw her into some corners she should settle down some

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online