CC plates????? Do I need them?

02GT

Reaction score
I just saw on AmericanMuscle's website their new SR Springs, says it lowers the car 1.5 inches for only 99(89 with discount) SO my question is, will I need CC plates if I just lower it an inch and a half? I know they are highly recommended and I will need them eventually but if I can ride a while without chewing up my tires and have it lowered for mustangweek id like to be able to.

Larius91

Reaction score
Yes, you will need CC plates and have it re-aligned. I always tell customers that if you decide to save money and not buy CC plates you'll spend that money and then some buying front tires after they wear.

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
^ ive always heard that but im a cheap ass haha.

Whats the best plates for the money?

LI98GT

Reaction score
The way I've always understood it was that the rule of thumb is max of 1.25" i.e. Bullitt and/or Steeda Sports for no C/C plates. Maximum motorsports the 4 bolt Steeda C/C plates are highly touted here. I have a set of H&Rs waiting to go into mine till I get a set myself.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My son lowered his '98 on Ford Racing "B" springs and didn't need CC plates. The car aligned fine without them.

JRad405

Reaction score
I have FRPP B springs. I put the CC plates in but that was just because I got them one for a deal and two because the plates in my car were rusted really bad and I couldn't actually break them out.

But I read the same thing with FRPP B springs you will not need CC plates.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I had B springs and the shop couldn't get them aligned to spec with stock plates. the shop must have sucked. I drove it that way for some time and sure enough Mt tires are worn on the inside. good thing I got 2 extra tires in my garage :)

I now have H&R ss with MM CC plates and I haven't gotten an alignment but did one myself and the car does not pull i'm either direction. still tho, I might take it to be aligned professionally.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
most of the CC plates are around $200 so why not get MM? They are worlds ahead of the 3 bolt Steeda plates i took off my car let me tell you. You probably won't need the CC plates but you'll be running more camber, and you'll need an alignment anyways regardless after the springs.

JRad405

Reaction score
I had B springs and the shop couldn't get them aligned to spec with stock plates. the shop must have sucked. I drove it that way for some time and sure enough Mt tires are worn on the inside. good thing I got 2 extra tires in my garage :)

I now have H&R ss with MM CC plates and I haven't gotten an alignment but did one myself and the car does not pull i'm either direction. still tho, I might take it to be aligned professionally.

Your shop may have sucked. I got my MM CC plates aligned at this one shop near me. They told me they couldn't get a proper alignment. I brought it to another shop and they took care of it clean and clear without problems.

4 Bolt MM Plates own all

+2

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
Im ordering the springs today then getting some MM CC plates, from what yall are saying its the safe bet and Id rather not wear these tires out quickly.

Thanks for all the help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online