moog or steeda balljoints.

acomaelkhunter

Reaction score
i'm replacing my front lower ball joints. i was going to get moog. then i read about steeda. the only thing im concerned about is the steeda ball joints will lower the front end og my mustang another 1/4 of an inch. with FMS lowering springs and the front being lowered a half inch more then the rear. i dont want the back end to be too much higher. but i mostly concerned about the center of gravity being too far forward. comments?

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
never heard of moog. the steeda ones are good tho. if you leave the spacer in you shouldn't have problems. I think that's how it is, correct me if i'm wrong. I know that if you take the spacer out you get another half inch of lowering. .

btw beautiful car you have. I love that color 94/95 5.0s. how much did it dyno with those mods? just wondering bc i'm considering buying one and selling the cobra.

OP
OP
acomaelkhunter

acomaelkhunter

Reaction score
Moog or suppose to be the better then stock....wanna go with the steedas but the mustang is already to low in the front for speed bumps.

i'm putting in 24# injectors and MAF this weekend. then I'll take it to the dyno. im hoping for 330 rwhp after that. anything higher would be tits!!!!

i like the color too!!! people call it teal or green, i call it turquiose!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Moogs are good I've had both my mechanic smashed one of the boots on the x2's I replaced them with moogs. I don't really think I would drop $130 on the steedas again.

RichV

Reaction score
You should not see a drop from the X2 joints, they change the angle of your lower control arms. They improve the ackerman angles for front suspension travel.

Slykin

Reaction score
The Moog balljoints are very high quality pieces. That's what I'd go with. The difference between them and the stockers is pretty big.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I agree the steedas are not worth it, but yes if you use the spacer the height should be the same. Just get the moog.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Moog or suppose to be the better then stock....wanna go with the steedas but the mustang is already to low in the front for speed bumps.

i'm putting in 24# injectors and MAF this weekend. then I'll take it to the dyno. im hoping for 330 rwhp after that. anything higher would be tits!!!!

i like the color too!!! people call it teal or green, i call it turquiose!

Gotcha, just never heard of them. Good to know that they are pretty good as well. The steeda ones should not lower the car at all unless you leave out the spacer.

Nice, I hope you make more power! Make sure to post the graph and maybe some info. whn you get it dynoed. I'd like to see what it can do and how much it took to get there. I love my 4.6 dohc but mods are too damn expensive for it. Although a few light mods and gears and it can be a 12 sec car driven correctly. I'd love cams, just wouldn't spend that kind of money for cams on a 4.6 for 25-35rwhp lol.

I usually call it teal lol. It's a sleek and sexy color. Only fits with the horizontals in the rear though. I saw a teal 94/95 Cobra with chrome 00'R's; I wanted to steal it! lol

det_riot

Reaction score
I call it teal, because it is ;]
point to first, your sig is effin huge.
point to second, is your front tire bigger than your rear???

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i unfortunately bought the steedas and for what they cost i dont think it was worth it! at the time i was wanting everything in my suspension to be steeda, so in my opinion, not worth the $$! heard alot about the moogs tie rods and ends but dont know bout the ball joints.

OP
OP
acomaelkhunter

acomaelkhunter

Reaction score
i installed the tie rod ends....they are tight.....put them to the test after ball joint replacement and wheel alignment

Slykin

Reaction score
Trust me, the Moog balljoints are great pieces. They are very heavy duty compared to the stockers. In my opinion, Moog is the best brand, hands down, for stock replacement parts.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Go with the Moog balljoints, you will see they are much beefier than the stockers and great quality. I've used them before and would use them again. Steeda X2's are not worth the money IMO.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Moog makes great stuff, pricey but good stuff. And hate to burst your bubble, but you will not see 330rwhp on a HCI 302 without a LOT bigger parts you have on there. My old 5.0L dyno'd 270rwhp on a mustang dyno (typically 10% lower numbers) with a trickflow top end package :). I guess your car wil dyno 275-290rwhp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online