SN95 Parking Brake Question

Bub

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 94 GT the brakes on the front and rear have decent life left, when I pull the parking brake it wont hold the vehicle on an incline and I can drive the car with the brake pulled all the way up with minimal but noticeable resistance. What should I look at to make this thing worth a shit. Thanks

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's adjustable but better to just replace it.

OP
OP
Bub

Bub

Reaction score
when i get it replaced and i adjust it where abouts should it be?? I know it sounds stupid but i wanna make sure i don't over tighten it

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like it where you hardly have to pull it to work. But I do alot of multiple corner drifting with my cars and shit

OP
OP
Bub

Bub

Reaction score
I'm with you I just wanted to make sure i wouldn't over tighten it i've never done this job before, after doing a search how many cables are on these cars??? Is there one to each wheel and then a small cable that connects it all?! (sorry for all the noob questions)

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
A common spot for the cable to stretch or break is the shot one that connects to the handle then goes through the floor and connects to the other 2 above the DS. It a PITA. to change with the DS installed but can be done.
You can see the cable if you remove the console box under the armrest. (the screws are hidden under the rubber bumpers)

OP
OP
Bub

Bub

Reaction score
i know it's not broken, cuz it "works" lol i feel resistence leave it at that, ideal would be for it to work in like 3 clicks max i'll check it out this weekend, i need to put in my msd wires n plugs

Slykin

Reaction score
It's definitely the cables... There's two long ones that run from one short one that connects at the console. The long ones should be easier to fix, but are more expensive and everyone says it's usually the short one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online