wtf is up with the shaking?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
so i've always heard if you can move the wheel right to left...tie rods, up and down...ball joint. i changed the tie rods cause it had the slightest bit of left to right play. just very little. thought that would fix the crazy shaking but when i got done, still fn shaking exactly the same! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

joekd

Reaction score
Need more details, shaking when? all speeds, certain speeds? only when braking, only when acccelerating? shaking the whole car or shaking just the steering wheel? When was the last time your wheels were balanced?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
sorry, lol! shakes when i go over 35mph. in the steering wheel. a few weeks ago i hit a bad bump on the passenger side and it has shook up front every since. thought it was the inner tie rod but i just replaced that and it didnt help at all. the wheels arent the problem cause i thought maybe i bent a rim or something but i have two spare wheels and tires and it does the same fn thing..can a bad ball joint cause a bad shake?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea its not that, lol! i wish tough but gotta be more complicated when it comes to me, lol

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sure. the 2 tires would be fighting each other if they're both toed out or in for that matter. Do you feel any feathering on the tires?
You should also have realigned it after the tie rod swap.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Sure. the 2 tires would be fighting each other if they're both toed out or in for that matter. Do you feel any feathering on the tires?
You should also have realigned it after the tie rod swap.
well it def needs an alignment now which im def gonna get onne but was kinda wondering if when i hit that bump if it knocked it out of alignment and thats what may be causing the crazy shake

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
is the steering wheel crooked at all now or is it still in the same spot while driving? If you messed the toe up the wheel probably wouldn't still be centered or wherever it was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online