Weird Rear Suspension Issue, Please Help!

01redblackgt

Reaction score
I have a 2001 gt with eibach pro kit springs in the rear. They have been installed for a couple of years now but I just put new shocks a month ago and the rear ride height has been messed up ever since. The right side I can fit 4 fingers with plenty of room in between the tire and fender. On the left side i can barely fit 3 fingers in between the wheel and the fender. I have jacked it up 2 different times so far trying to see if anything is off. Only thing I can find is on the right side the spring on the bottom perch was off center alittle but we messed with it and dropped it back down and its still the same. I'll post a few pics here in a minute.

OP
OP

01redblackgt

Reaction score
IMAG1009.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1008.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG1007.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP

01redblackgt

Reaction score
By the way I took these pics before jacking it up to take a look under there again. The way it sits in the pics is how it pulled in the driveway after a 30 to 45 minute drive.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
are the pig tails facing the same direction on the LCA? you leave one set of isos layin' on the garage floor? lol.

OP
OP

01redblackgt

Reaction score
I still have isos in on both sides and the right side pigtail was towards the left side tailpipe so we turned it to be facing the drivers side before taking the 30-45 min drive. I've had these springs on the car for a couple years now and the only thing different is the rear shocks that we replaced and ever since its been like this.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
are both the shocks working properly. Maybe 1 is stuck and holding up that side of the car.

OP
OP

01redblackgt

Reaction score
So today i took both shocks off and switched sides. Ever since putting those new KYB shocks on its been messed up so my mind is really confused right now because i wouldnt think they would effect that either. But after putting the car back down it sat pretty equal on both sides but that is kind of expected. Didn't get a chance to drive it around today/tonight so I will see what happens tomorrow. If not then its time for the rear to have coilovers or something.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was thinking the shaft on one of the shocks might be bent and not allow the car to settle back to the normal level.
I hope switching sides cures the problem but that won't exactly figure out what the problem was either.

Slykin

Reaction score
My first thought was that if you disconnected your RLCA, you have to torque it back when the car is at ride height. If not, it can create bind in that bushing and not let it settle right. Or at least i'm pretty sure of that. I think the same thing happened with my car.

OP
OP

01redblackgt

Reaction score
I haven't messed with the RLCA's, those are still stock but I had MM LCA's on my mind lately. My stepbrother suggested that today though, that I have a bind somewhere like my RLCA's. Maybe thats it because I can't see how the springs all of the sudden won't settle like before. If I have time tomorrow I'll check out the rear LCA's. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and replies.

OP
OP

01redblackgt

Reaction score
So as of today the car sits just about a finger off which was better than before but I'm getting LCA's so we will see when we put those sometime this week if the stock ones did have a bind in them.

Slykin

Reaction score
As long as you didn't get them just for that lol. I wouldn't bet on it being the issue, but if you wanted the LCA's then why not lol...

OP
OP

01redblackgt

Reaction score
so today i got some new rear shoes finally to match the fronts being fairly new, the past 2 days the ride height has stayed pretty close within a finger on each side but no more than a finger if it was uneven. Only thing I did with it was switch the shocks to opposite sides. Maybe me messing with it so much caused it to stop this haha I don't know but right now they are around 3 fingers from fender to wheel gap and it noticeably shaved off alittle gap getting new tires because my old ones were BALD. Hopefully after getting the MM weightjackers on I will be in the ballpark of a 2 finger gap or inbetween 2 and 3 if it doesn't turn out as well as hoped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online