Shock/strut question

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
well how low do you want the car? In my opinion those .75-1.25" is not enough for our cars. I'll just go ahead and suggest H&R SuperSport springs.

OP
OP
Bub

Bub

Reaction score
I'm not looking for much drop at all, i really don't want to start scraping or anything like that, I want a little bit stiffer ride but still want to maintain ride quality as this is a street car with no plans to race it

Nightmare

Reaction score
I went with the Eibach sportline springs and a set of the tockico blue shocks and struts. Mine have the isolators, but if you watn a little more of a drop, run with out them. Nice and firm, great ride and handeling. American Muscle was running the shocks and struts on sale for like 30 less than what I paid about 4 months ago from them.

OP
OP
Bub

Bub

Reaction score
does anyone know what the difference between fox suspension and sn95 suspension is?? only reason I ask is cuz Fox shocks and struts are considerably cheaper than the sn95.. thanks!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
people always say the fox struts are shorter than our struts. I believe most springs and struts between 79-04 is interchangeable.

188slo50

Reaction score
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...g-Springs-With-Kyb-Gas-A-Just-Shock-Strut-Kit

Arent those sve springs? I thought they were close to a two inch drop?? Why are they now only one inch? did they change them? I have some sitting getting them put on when i get my shocks/ struts this week and they were advertised a 2 inch.

Theres a big thread on Corral about SVE springs and how they dont lower as advertise and how on some cars they actually sit higher. I run the same shocks/struts on my fox and love them, very nice firm ride but still soft enough to be a DD.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The SVE springs didn't drop my car much, but they slammed my buddys car. Strange things.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, my SVE springs dropped my car 2.08". I also just got those shocks/struts put in and though it's not the most comfortable ride ever, i can put up with it everyday.
I'd only consider getting that combo if you're on a budget, like me & monkey.

framda

Reaction score
I have read suggestions to put the FOX struts in when you lower your car. The shorter strut maintains it's full travel distance in a lowered SN95 instead of already being compressed whatever distance the lowering was. Check with Maximum Motorsprots I think that is where I read it.

OP
OP
Bub

Bub

Reaction score
i bought mach 1 springs. i don't wanna scrape. i am looking into shock/struts now. I was gonna go with the KYB's on latemodelresto but a member on another forum has shocks/struts factory tokicos off a 04 mach 1 with 30k on em i think they might be better plus way cheaper thoughts?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I have read suggestions to put the FOX struts in when you lower your car. The shorter strut maintains it's full travel distance in a lowered SN95 instead of already being compressed whatever distance the lowering was. Check with Maximum Motorsprots I think that is where I read it.

Actually what MM says it to put SN95 shocks/struts ON foxes, not the other way around.

Yes people do it to get lower, but they dont care for performance. Put on what is designed for your actual car and your suspension. There is a reason fox struts and sn95 struts are 2 different parts.

Go ahead and get the mach 1 struts man.. Should be good. I posted there was a guy with a used set for 250 shipped.. but being as they were Konis I doubt he still has um. Konis move fast

OP
OP
Bub

Bub

Reaction score
Thank you. i bought them from that other user 30k on Mach 1 stocks for $100 for shocks and struts. still up in the air if i am gonna leave the damper shocks replace em or just remove em all together

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online