Going with H&R SS springs, to iso or not to iso?

9646gt

Reaction score
That is the question :) I don't think it will have a huge effect on ground clearance either way. But I would love it if you guys could please post pics of H&R with and without isos along with any advice you may have. I have a hard time finding good pics after a couple days searching that will help me make up my mind. And I for sure don't want to take the car aprt multiple times as I will be doing tie rod ends and ball joints plus control arm bushings while doing all this. I want a very slight rake and am considering doing lower front iso and both rear isos. I DON'T have the stock isolators anymore. The previous owner of the installed eibach pro-kit springs with pro-thane isolators and I hate the stance as it's too close to stock. I looke din the official spring thread but I am sure there have been many newer members install h&r springs since this was last updated. Thanks!

OP
OP

9646gt

Reaction score
This is what I want her to look like but I don't want to go with the eibachs this car is running as I prefer the handling improvement of the H&R and I have heard iffy things about sport lines.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/mtautophoto/misc/IMG_5975.jp

Ugh, cant get pics to work right. Won't let me upload pics. I thought if you had a payed member ship it let you post pics but I guess not?

Nightmare

Reaction score
Here you go.....I cant post up as I dont have the H&R's.....I have the sportlines

IMG_5975.jpg

OP
OP

9646gt

Reaction score
Thanks nightmare. Why cant I get any pictures to post? Never had this issue on other forums. Does this forum not support img tags? onxycobra Your car looks so damn sick. It actually looks the same ride height as the rio red GT above that has sportlines with no isos. Could you maybe post a couple more pics of your car please?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks dude. Based on what I've seen I really don't think that rio red GT has sportlines without isos, I think Javi had that setup on his car and it was lower than that....

To post pics you just click the Image icon and then paste the image URL in there and it'll put it in the post.

These aren't the best pics but I tried to pick some that showed the fender gap.

DSC_0033.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

1011081514.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Nightmare

Reaction score
Thanks dude. Based on what I've seen I really don't think that rio red GT has sportlines without isos, I think Javi had that setup on his car and it was lower than that....

To post pics you just click the Image icon and then paste the image URL in there and it'll put it in the post.

So there is an easier way....I was just using html codes.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Onyx its about time you post some pix up of your beast dude! :)

im runnin no iso's. but im a new edge so my pix wont help you much. but i prefer the lower stance of no iso's, and i dont have any more bottom out issues than with iso's. its pretty much just your own opinion. id do a google search (images) of cars with and without iso's and see what you like best

Slykin

Reaction score
I think the car rides marginally better with Iso's.. but then again most guys don't seem to care to much about ride. I'd just take em out and wrap your springs with electrical tape if you're mostly concerned about looks.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
hah, I've posted all those pics at least once before. You're just pretty new still, I don't post pics of my car much.
should change that :)
you've got a nasssty cobra man. real agressive but still sleek.
and i like the stance too

what are the pro's and cons to getting iso's? i'm actually looking at these same springs lol

Nightmare

Reaction score
From what I can tell.....less squeeks after everything settles, slightly better ride....Since I am on pace to be putting on 20,000 miles per year on my car (and it gets driven only 6 months a year) I figured go with comfort.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Yes they do come stock, but by this time the isos on your car are so worn/deteriorated that I wouldnt want to reuse them

True, but i would want to buy new ones, its not worth the squeek and the rougher ride in the rear.

Nightmare

Reaction score
True, but i would want to buy new ones, its not worth the squeek and the rougher ride in the rear.

I agree completely. I have them on my sportlines...After the first few weeks the squeek was gone (after everything settled). I recommend running them (and also not cutting coils).

OP
OP

9646gt

Reaction score
I am thinking that I may go with isos. I just wonder how much more the drop will be than my current eibach pro-kit springs with the prothane isos installed. I HATE the look of the current springs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online

No members online now.