Wheels Spacers

RichV

Reaction score
What sizes of wheel spacers do you guys run? I have 03 Cobra 17x9 and a set of MB Competitions, 17x9. Interested in the front and rear spacer size. Also does it require fender rolling/cutting?

There is much more advantage in the front width for handling, but the rear just looks 'off' without having the wheels even with the fenders.

Also, where are the best places to get the spacers? And styles? What about lug sizes? Thanx!!!!

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5" (or) 5x114.3 the thread type is 1/2" - 20. Im running 1.5" spacers on my V6 car to bring the 17x8s out in the rear but im also running a 05+ type wheel. You will not need front wheel spacers as 17x9 SN95 specific wheel like yours will fit perfect. On the rear I would try to find 1" Hub centric wheel spacers/adapters. You can find them on ebay from $60/70. Only other thing to keep in mind is before you install spacers you might want to put a nut on each stud all the way down and cut the first 2/3 threads off the factory wheel studs as they will probably stick out from a 1" spacer. Once you cut each stud (i use a 4.5" angle grinder w/cut off wheel) take the nuts back off the stud. This will clean the cut threads and make it easier when time comes to put the lug nuts on to bolt down the new spacer/adapter.

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Oh and it will not require fender rolling. I have run a 17x10.5" wheel with 315s and a wider 99/04 rear and didn't have to roll my fenders untill I went to a 345 40 17.

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I never had a problem running a 1'' spacer with studs sticking out on my 04 cobras. So he should be ok. I do agree you do not need spacers upfront since you are running 04 cobra wheels.
What kind of tires is it you have? And what size? Ide say 1''-1.5'' . but thats your call. And if you are talking about using it for track competition, Ive autoxed with them on, but if I was to do a weekend at an actual road course, I would probably remove them. Just get a wider tire put on those rims man and be done with it. You can run a good size tire on those rims lol.. Ive about maxed them out

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I run a 275/40 17 TOYO RA1 tire, can't go with a wider wheel than a 9.5. The MAX front trackwidth I can have is 73.25", not really sure what factory is with my wheels. 72.75" for the rear.

The spacers I've seen used by road course cars are typicaly with longer wheel studs, and have just spacers, not the ones with built in studs.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Are you saying you cant run a wider tire due to the class you run in? Otherwise I did not say to run a wider rim.. Run a wider tire.. Yea, the hubcentric ones are better anyway. So you might be ok.. Dunno.. Im sure you will be.

Slykin

Reaction score
I've been running 1.25" hubcentrics on the back of my car for a couple years with no signs of issues. Just measure the distance from your sidewall to your fender and get that or a bit shorter. I've also AutoX'd mine a couple times and run very stiff suspension on rough streets.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, 275 is it. Can't run wider. That's the widest you prolly want on a 9" wheel anyway.

Slykin, did you roll fenders?

Stad95GT

Reaction score
I'm running 1" rear spacer on 18x9's with 275's. The front has 1/4" spacers due to the Foose wheels I got from Cruizin Concepts hit the 13" Baer calipers. Looks very nice all around.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yea, 275 is it. Can't run wider. That's the widest you prolly want on a 9" wheel anyway.

Slykin, did you roll fenders?

Again is that due to the class? If not.. Im running 295s on stock 04 cobra rims.. meaning. 17x9.. So its doable! lol.. as long as your class allows it.. but being at a 275 already.. going bigger shouldnt matter
Oh.. and btw 295s fit up front:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online