subframe connectors

Georgia331

Reaction score
First post!!!

Anyway. How much am I looking to have full length subframe connectors on a 95 gt? I got a quote for 590 ... Ouch.
I'm in the Atlanta area

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome to the site from Hampton Ga.
I can't really help you on cost cuz mine were already installed when I got the car.
I would think a muffler shop would probably give you the best price instead of a regular car garage that doesn't weld all the time.
Also make sure the place has a 4 post drive on lift instead of a 2 post lift. Otherwise the suspensive could get preloaded and not stiffen the car the way you need it to

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yeah a muffler shop with the right lift (drive on lift) and you provide the SFC .....i was quoted 15 dollars a weld

Darhawk

Reaction score
I got mine installed for $300 and they are full length, black powder coated ones. Keep shopping around. $590 seems really steep.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I charge 500 installed for mm full lengths installed. And painted and undercoated if owner desires.

chrisv_10

Reaction score
even including the sub frame connectors. that seems like way too much.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
K well you grind everything down and get it ready for welding then. You supply the lift welder and materials to the job ....

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't see it being that much I do my own custom ones for Cheaper and I actually do the mm ones and my own all the time, when I do my mm order i usually order 25 sets for my shop. They don't last long.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
With all that being said I wouldn't hesitate to charge someone $350 for the install. It can be a pain in the ass and not to mention dangerous. If you arc out on one of the fuel lines it's game over. I've also only charged $100 but that was for close friends.

OP
OP
Georgia331

Georgia331

Reaction score
Ok. Ill look into a muffler shop. I had my cats installed for 380 at my muffler shop so ill look there. Also, there was a shop down the road from me that does alot of muffler work that quoted me 100 but im just not sure if I want them to do it

96GT02

Reaction score
I only ever paid $100 to weld any of mine on.

chrisv_10

Reaction score
Average cost of full lengths is $150. Considering it probably is charged out at 4 hours of labor, $500 (including frame connectors) sounds just about right it you ask me.

Idk it just sounds like a lot of money. I can get my trans or rear end rebuilt for almost that much. I guess because installing sub connectors sounds way too simple to charge that much IMO.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yea if you already have the SFCs I would say around 300 or so max..

But yes please make sure they have a drive on lift to keep the suspension and frame under load

RichV

Reaction score
I think $500ish including the parts sounds fair.

Listen to Musturd, grinding will take at least 1/2 hour to 45 mins, plus grinding the SFCs to make sure they are GTG. Ligning everything up, tacking in place, final welding making sure you don't burn down the car, then after it cools do some paint for rust prevention. Easy 4 hours with on/off the lift, doing it right anyway.

I've seen the $100 install jobs from some hack with a welder. Busted welds with no prepwork, welding them inplace while on jackstands, etc. IMO do it right. Do you have to spend big bux to get it done, no. But you gotta know people. Maybe you do the grinding and prep, buy the parts, have a buddy zap 'em in afterhours at his work for $100 and a case of beer, you paint 'em after he's done. That's how I'd do it. Quality work is expensive.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Exactly bolting in the seat brace lining every thing up tweaking the connectors as flush to the bottom of the subframes as possible.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
I paid 165$ for mine welded. I can't fathom why anyone would pay more then 100$ to have them welded. Remove interior or roll carpet up yourself. Coat them yourself and grind the edges to weld.

Sent by smoke signals

Bald 'n Gimpy

Reaction score
Yea I think I remember paying about $150 installed from a local mustang enthusiast. He and another guy made their own sets, and put them on I don't know how many over the years they did this. Don't think they really do anymore, as my '94 got one of one guy's last sets. But a set should cost like $80-120, and maybe $100 for welding, at most.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
get a quote from a reputable frame shop. they have the materials, skills, and equipment to ensure proper install.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online