Best coil over set-up for wide tires and low ride height.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Guys, I want to run massive tires, like 315's on all four corners, With a VERY low stance, (like... Tony's car. haha) Im aware I'll probably need a widebody unless I pull the fenders way out in the front, which I could do, But I need to know what coils will be good for low-ness and the best tire clearance.

I was thinking qa1. ALSO. If anyone has a clue regarding what offset and such will give me the most room to work with, please speak up!! I'm CLUELESS when it comes to wheel and tire sizes, but I know what I want to do. (and I'v seen the Griggs racing Cobra with 315's up front, so i know its possible. ;))

Your patience is appreciated.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
so you wanna run like a 10-12" wheel up front with a 315 tire? haha, dam!

i'd sy you can lightweight pull the front fender out and get away with a 10" wheel with maybe a 275/30-35. got any pics of what your tryin to do? like n example car?

Slykin

Reaction score
The reason Griggs GR40 cars can run 10.5" tires is because of the SLA setup in front. It allows for more inner clearance etc etc. I don't think they pulled the fenders or anything...As far as coil-overs go I doubt there's going to be a huge difference in clearance, though I really like my MM setup. Don't expect to have good ride quality though. I'm running 400lb/in springs on my car and when I lower it like the picture below, it rides like ****. You may be able to get a better ride with softer springs, but there's just not much travel left at that height. What i'm wanting to do is get drop spindles and make some drop mounts for the rear shocks to recover all of my bump travel and keep the stiffer springs. I think MM's k-member might gain back some bump travel too though..

DSC_0308.jpg

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^tht's a gret idea slykin with the drop spindles and fabbed mounts. if ya do it please please please post a thread about it. i thought about that too.

Slykin

Reaction score
The biggest problem with the drop spindles is that they're over $700 I think.. which is the same as an MM k-member which might do the same thing plus improve suspension geometry/lighten car.

OP
OP
hondarocks61

hondarocks61

Reaction score
i was thinking about drop spindles, idk where to get them regardless.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
$700 is fn high, but the fact that you can get some suspension travel with it slammed is nice! i should def look into these drop spindles.

Slykin

Reaction score
It is expensive, but cheaper than Griggs race ones etc. You don't want a bad spindle, that's' bad news lol.

OP
OP
hondarocks61

hondarocks61

Reaction score
what about the rear? couldnt I just run fox body coils? In the front and back?

also, what about over-fenders? I'v seen the maier ones, but they are pricey as hell for some flares...

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i've always heard ya can. evidently it's a shorter shock, so it want bottom out as easy as a sn shock.

OP
OP
hondarocks61

hondarocks61

Reaction score
So its a direct fit? the only difference is the overall length?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
from what i have heard fox strut's and shocks are great for lowered sn's. they are supposed to bolt in directly. they are around 1-1.5" shorter than sn's are. before ya get a any give MM a call and see what they say but i'm pretty sure they are even recomended for lowered sn's. and they cost quite a bit less as well.

help me out on maier flares. not sure what that is, lol.

OP
OP
hondarocks61

hondarocks61

Reaction score
from what i have heard fox strut's and shocks are great for lowered sn's. they are supposed to bolt in directly. they are around 1-1.5" shorter than sn's are. before ya get a any give MM a call and see what they say but i'm pretty sure they are even recomended for lowered sn's. and they cost quite a bit less as well.

help me out on maier flares. not sure what that is, lol.

Tony, These bad Larry's

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/584068-big-nasty-sn-95-fender-flares.html

OP
OP
hondarocks61

hondarocks61

Reaction score
This brought something to my attention... Has anyone seen the coil overs with threaded shock bodies that adjust ride height by lengthening or shortening the shock??? You can get them for basically every damn import but I have yet to see one for our cars. wtf?

OP
OP
hondarocks61

hondarocks61

Reaction score
so that white sn is what your trying to get to?

Kinda? Fill the flares so they blend with the body, run a chin spoiler that will act as a splitter connecting the flares in front, and wide tires and MUCH lower.

Slykin

Reaction score
Oh, by the way, I lied about the Griggs GR40 car, it's fenders are widened/pulled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online