New rear end setup and just a few questions

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
This weekend I put a new rear end setup on my 95 GT. I finished everything up this afternoon and had been forking around with some ride height issues. Other than the drivers side LCA rear bolt it was a pretty problem free job, but time consuming.

All of the factory bushing were cracked and had rotted out and were squeekimg like mad. Pretty much just the usual stuff. Here is what I installed... I did go cheap on the springs as they were free..just an off brand red stuff spring.
The springs that were on the car before we're a yellow "maxspeed" and supposedly lower the car just over 2". Between the extremely low ride height and blown suspension bushings my Michelin RFT sidewalls were not looking so good. So a little higher in the rear doesn't bother me. And if I'm not mistaking helps get into corners harder(chased an s2000 on a curvey onramp tonight with great results!)Although I don't know if I'm just used to seeing my cars rear end sitting ontop of the tires or it seems a little high with the red springs. The other I have and can somewhat compress by myself and Im just your average skinny guy. The reds I can not move what so ever.
Any suggestion would be great!

Btw:
The pigtails of the springs are lined up dead center to the rear of the car and I tightened the suspension with load.

Wheels are 18x10 18x9 saleens.

BBK Gripp LCA's
Hotchkis adjustable uppers
Prothane axle housing bushings
Off brand spring "red" (rRh 28.5)

OP
OP
ThA SkInNy

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
Lolololol.. Mainly, does 28.5 in the rear seem high?

OP
OP
ThA SkInNy

ThA SkInNy

Reaction score
Not bad really, just not used to it but I'm getting there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online