Eibach Sportline vs H&R Super Sport in spring rate comfort

Darhawk

Reaction score
Hey Stang Fans!
I wanted to ask you a question about springs, because I think you might have the info I need.
I am running the SPORT H&Rs right now and it's not low enough for me. I wanted more drop, but with the iso in and this isn't working out for me. I bought them thinking they would equal the Pro-kit from eibach. They feel great and do give much better performance. Anyone looking to get rid of the 4X4 without losing comfort, then these are really great.

I am thinking of getting the Sportlines or the Super Sports. The Sportlines from eibach claim to have a rating of 425-630 for the fronts and the H&R claim to have a 700-760 fronts. Which is going to be the better spring to match my Bilstein shocks? My SPORTS are rated 490-575 so I was thinking that the sportlines would not be much firmer, which then ride quality would be close to the same.

My thinking is that a rate of the super sports (700-760 )would be to stiff? Just seems like they should be more like larger rate, example says 500-760, that seems more progressive to me. Seems the SS are closer to linear type springs.

Yet then I heard someone say..Onyx, I think said, that you wouldn't want to get sportlines because they are to low and that the rates are to close to stock rates that it wouldn't be satisfying.

So I am confused, I should went with my gut in the beginning but all this spring rate chatter has got me thinking way to much.

Anyone have Eibach Sportlines and then switch to H&R Super Sports? If so, what is your thoughts on the difference? Which feels the best in comfort?

Sorry I tend to over think this stuff!

Help please.

Here is a pic to you my ride height. It's been lowered about 1.25F and .50R with Poly ISOs
CobraOctober_020_2012_zps56b993fc.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yup it's true, SuperSports all the way. Why lower the car more and go with a softer spring, I can't see that being any good. I ran my H&R SS with Tokico Illumina struts and the car rode great, not to mention imo the stance of the H&R SS is nicer.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
H&R SS over Sportlines all day in my opinion.

I had SS's on my old vert and it rode pretty good sans fr the terrible KYB shocks I was using.
Rode in my friend's 95GT with sportlines with the same KYB's and it rode like ass, and also sagged in the back like crazy which looks terrible IMO.

All that being said I now prefer to run H&R Race springs/Bilsteins which give a decent drop and are rated at 850lbs for the front, however I don't think they are too stiff at all...

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i have actually had both of those exact springs in this car. the ride...ehh, cant really say i felt alot of difference. both seemed to ride decent. the stance...H&R ss all day my man. after the PITA of swapping out springs and getting alignment. i was pissed when i looked at my barely noticeable drop with the sportlines. so then to help bring the front down a little more i had to fn tear the springs out again and remove the isos. still not much drop. these h&r's are just about right for me.

and yes i know i prefer a little more drop than most but they arent drastic....just right :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.