Caster Camber Plate Problems

CCobraW

Reaction score
So I took my car in this weekend to get an alignment and had an issue. When i got my car the PO had installed some granatelli CC Plates, but I'm not sure if he didn't install them straight or what's up. They were able to get the passenger side really close on the camber, but they had the driver side maxed out and the camber was still off by a decent amount. They didn't charge me for the alignment since they couldn't get it right. They said they could install some new plates if I brought them in.

Any guesses on what might cause it to be off?

If it's a hole drilled wrong is there another brand J&M, MM, etc. that could get put in even though there's already a hole in there?

I saw the QA1's on AM and those appear to be direct bolt in so I figure those could probably work. Is there something else that might cause the camber to be way off?

Slykin

Reaction score
You can also adjust camber at the bottom of the strut with the strut ear bolts.. That's why my alignment guy always does. He barely touches the camber plates.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They may have placed your plates on the wrong sides. They may have oblonged the hole while drilling. They may have put the plates on vertical instead of horizontal for all we know. lol.

Post up some pictures so we can take a look for you.

As Slykin said, there are some remedies available. But we kinda need to know what the issue is first. :p so pics would really help us out.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Is your k member squared. I know mine was off and they could only get one side to line up properly.. My is a tubular k tho..

OP
OP
C

CCobraW

Reaction score
2fa377216496929.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
395c3b216496940.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
b0bb80216496949.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
7fb00a216496961.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Nightmare

Reaction score
If I was a betting man, I would say that they have them on wrong. Honestly, I would just dump them and get some Maximum motorsports ones.... Those look horrible.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
They kinda look like the upr ones I have on one of my cars I have no problem with them.... Something else has to be miss aligned.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I had similar issues and I bought the MM cc plates.

Sinned83

Reaction score
No. I bought the MM set and it took them quite a while to dial in my alignment.

RichV

Reaction score
Not sure if these are the same but...

The MM set have a 'race' and 'street' setup. They just swap the upper plates from driver to passenger and vice versa. So the 'street' setting is with the top plates a certain way, the race setting is other way.

Make sense? I don't think the race setup allows camber to be neutral, it will always have some negative. On my 94 I could only get about -1.5 deg camber until I set the plates up for race, then I could get -4.

OP
OP
C

CCobraW

Reaction score
Suspension is basically stock. I replaced the front struts, tie rods and poly sway bar bushings.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
You have stock springs and your camber can't be put into spec?

And the thing RichV is talking about MM calls positive and negative orientation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online