Brake issue, can't seem to trace.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Been having a problem with what I thought was a caliper dragging a little. The LF wheel gets hotter than the RF wheel after a period of driving and it is also collecting more brake dust. Not enough to turn the wheel black but enough that it's noticeable.

When I test-drove the car last fall, it had all the symptoms of a badly warped rotor- shook really badly when stopping, and when underway (an adventure to hold on to at 50+). The dealer cut the rotors down and all was well until about a month ago. The same issues are slowly reappearing. Had everything apart this weekend... No unusual signs of wear, pads looked good with plenty of meat left. Caliper pistons were free (tested with water pump pliers, went right back into their bores) and I put new sliders in with anti-seize.

Since that rotor was messed up before, what are the odds I'm going to need to throw front brakes at it? Wheels are balanced and the front end is still tight.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
hmm... may be a rotor? or bad anti rattle clips..? Wouldn't hurt to bleed the old fluid out and put new in..
thats all i got.. usually its the pad getting caught up in the bracket..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online