Greasing noisy poly LCA and UCA?

9646gt

Reaction score
PO installed BOI (blah) UCA and LCa on the rear of the car. I know I need to replace them eventually with MM but until now they will make due. When weight transfers to the rear like taking off from a stop I can hear them creak pretty good. The PO only put about 50 miles on them in 3 years so I am sure they need some lube. They all seem to have grease fittings. Will this help the noise some? Also should they be greased while loaded or unloaded? I have a generic parts store grease gun and also have something called green grease or something I heard was pretty good. I am assuming this will be ok for the poly bushings? Thanks for any help.

dropped

Reaction score
That should help the creaking noise. If you need an oil change and take it to get it changed, most places grease all your fittings underneath as well.

joekd

Reaction score
Yep, standard grease from a grease gun, lift up rear of car on jack, put on stands for safety, crawl under there, wipe off the grease fitting to make sure you don't force dirt in, pump it full till it comes out the sides, wipe off the overflow.

And please don't ever take any car to a quick change oil place

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
From what I've read, specific "polyurethane grease" is only different from "standard grease" in that it is much thicker & stickier so it can last much longer. I believe this is more a problem if you are using poly bushings in an application that does not have zerk fittings. With that being said I still used "prothane super grease" for all my polyurethane bushings and bought a separate grease gun for it specifically.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-19-1751

Sent from Space

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online