how difficult is it to swap an 03 cobra irs into a 95 cobra?

ba#97

Reaction score
so i'm interested in swapping over to an 03 cobra irs. found a few on c-list. what all does it entail? how much work is it to do and what kind of tools are necessary?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Real easy.. Make sure you get all the hardware with it.. Including exhaust. You have to drill some holes bend new brake lines..

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
ok cool cool. i might be doing this. does anyone know what a good setup for springs struts would be with it? i track my car (as in road course) and would want it to be good for that.

96 Kmilon

Reaction score
I'm in the process of this swap right now. So far just pulled the SRA out and changed the fuel filter. I'm waiting on the brake line parts to get to me. It's not my daily driver so it can be down for a little bit and I am just concerned with getting it right vs quick. I've gone the extra mile with the IRS too rather than just bolting it into the car. I had FTBR bushings installed and powdercoated. I have H&R red springs waiting to go in it and I am thinking about getting brand new shocks and upgraded bumpsteer as well. I didn't want to get coilovers in the rear (yet, maybe) but other than that there isn't much else to do to it.

96 Kmilon

Reaction score
I got all the brake line stuff at the auto parts..

I'm getting the lines and fittings from someone who was going to do the swap just to have theirs totaled. The lines are bent and flared ready to go on the car.

95riosnake

Reaction score
I would also suggest doing the bushings before you get it in, Full Tilt Boogie Racing and Maximum Motorsports both make kits. I went with FTBR personally, great stuff, couldn't be more satisfied. A lot of work to install but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

96 Kmilon

Reaction score
I would also suggest doing the bushings before you get it in, Full Tilt Boogie Racing and Maximum Motorsports both make kits. I went with FTBR personally, great stuff, couldn't be more satisfied. A lot of work to install but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Yep I took that advice from others who have gone before me and I went even further than the FTBR kit. I had the IRS powdercoated and I just pulled the trigger on new bilsteins. I still have a few other peices to fully upgrade but for now I am extremely happy with the setup. Bumpsteer and rear cover would be the 2 next things if money was no object to upgrade. It does have a Steeda brace on it however. I get to work on the install a bit more tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get it ready to show up into to the car by tomorrow night.

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I showed a couple of the steps in my build thread. I think Gallows went through most of it in his as well.

not sure how much improvement you'll see in auto cross. the IRS definitely gave it more predictability and grip in tight corners compared to my stock SRA, but the big difference for me was how well it handled high speed corners with bumps in them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online