going to pick up these parts today from jegs :)

95opal

Reaction score
Id pass on those cc plates and look for a 4 bolt design

chris91

Reaction score
That strut bar you posted is a Fox body one. :)

Nice parts though. Gotta love having a store like that local. Must be nice. LoL

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Id pass on those cc plates and look for a 4 bolt design
nah, i'm def getting these. my only issue is with negative camber and these will allow adjustment for that, plus they are polished billet, lol. so they're purdy :)

That strut bar you posted is a Fox body one. :)

Nice parts though. Gotta love having a store like that local. Must be nice. LoL

yes! i fn love jegs. everything i have bought from them has either been in stock, or there the next day. heres the correct link, lol. oops

http://www.jegs.com/i/BBK+Performance+Products/129/25160/10002/-1

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
plus i'm getting this:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/63767/10002/-1?parentProductId=

not a suspension part, lol. i was going to delete the whole expansion tank and relocate a smaller one somewhere else but this is less technical and looks fine imo.

i'll spend all day polishing this tank out i'm sure. i have an awesome polishing and grinding wheel so it wont be so bad. i'll get some pics with this stuff installed for ya fellas. might install the cc plates today if i can break the strut tower nut loose, lol. no air at the moment :(

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i dont mind the price and i like these more than mm ones or any other that i have seen. plus i can just drive 3 freeway exits from my house to pick them up.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's the way I am about Summit. 5 miles away. They have a lot of good replacement parts too.
good looking parts Tony.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thanks man. i bought my whole entire rear end from jegs, lol. all part were in stock. my seats and brackets..there & in stock. cai, there & in stock, lmao. they are so GM driven so it's actually weird that they have so many mustang parts on hand, lol.

anyone know any tricks to breaking the strut tower nut loose w/o air tools? shoulda seen me trying to do it with a ratchet, lmao! aint fn happening man!

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Use a breaker bar or a cheater bar!! And on that coolant tank, I am reading the reviews on American Muscle, and It seems that it dosent have a spot for the coolant sensor and people are having trouble getting there hoods to close aswell. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
the jegs store is less than 5 miles. the company warehouse is in delaware oh. bout 25 mins and of course everything is there. summit is also here in ohio. it's up north by cleveland or akron..cant remember but still driveable.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Use a breaker bar or a cheater bar!! And on that coolant tank, I am reading the reviews on American Muscle, and It seems that it dosent have a spot for the coolant sensor and people are having trouble getting there hoods to close aswell. Just a thought.
yea i read that too. the hood problem kinda worries me but i can get it right. i already new about the sensor. thanks btw

TanTop94

Reaction score
Your going to need a friend to break it loose without air. As the strut will move and you need something to counter that. When I replaced my struts I had me and a friend, one with a wrench around the strut bolt and the other had either a flat head/ crow bar and the stopping the strut from twisting. We warped the old strut bolt pretty bad as the nut wouldn't come loose without some real force to it. And get creative as holding a flat head in there while attempting to break that nut loose isn't easy, can't remember exactly what my friend put together to hold it in place. Don't hit your car with any of the tools once you break the nut loose!

Needed parts...
-Friend(s)
- Big flat head, crow bar
- Adjustable, wrench

TanTop94

Reaction score
the jegs store is less than 5 miles. the company warehouse is in delaware oh. bout 25 mins and of course everything is there. summit is also here in ohio. it's up north by cleveland or akron..cant remember but still driveable.

Thats crazy you live around there as the Summit warehouse was an account of my Dads, he said they had everything there! Lucky ducky you live so close.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i figured that flat head spot would be pointless, lol. after i used my entire body weight just try and break it loose. nothing, lolol. def will have to pry something underneath at the strut im sure, lol. just cant break the dam nut loose, lol. need my compressor man :(

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to replace the strut, grab the bottom of the shaft with a pair of vice grips, put it on there freakin gorilla tight, then put a pipe around it and have someone hold it. Then proceed to pop the nut off.

I have used a crowbar in the top screw thing....I broke the whole top of the shaft off before the nut. It works sometimes, but more often than not it fails.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Maybe just drive to a tire store or other garage and let them put the impact on it then just retighten the bolt by hand with a wrench till you get it home.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
cc's that's what i did, lol. when i seen them struggling with them, i knew i was never gonna brake them loose. strut never turned. dude said they were set at 100lbs of torque..lmao. dam!

so now all i gotta do is put them on and have it aligned.

282798_555629521133260_1535309367_n_zps30e01f34.jpg

now i gotta go put all this shit on today :)

i got 2 steel bradded hoses, one radiator and one small 3/8" hose on the top. both with the polished hose ends with clamps. should look a lot better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.