inner tie-rod

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
So the ford dealer keeps telling me my tie rod has play. What is a good replacement brand? Also what other thing should be changed well where up in there? Lol

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Me personally if I'm doin inner I do outter as well. F it, might as well right? I know they may not need to be done but if I can save myself having to tear it apart again anytime soon, I will. You can also check your wheel bearings, get Tony out there to check your ball joints... There's tons of things you can check lol

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I did both inners and outers just a little while ago on my car. Easy work but make sure to get an alignment after.

Rockauto.com had some sick deals on greasable outers and good quality inners so I replaced everything, I don't remember the brand but they were like Auto-Extra or something similar. I think all the parts only came to $60. Makes sense to do it ALL at once. Replace the steering rack bushing while you're in there, chances are theyre toast by now as well.

ProKiller

Reaction score
i'm scobie's suggestion of also getting rack bushings replaced. will make a difference.

Slykin

Reaction score
I personally run Moog suspension parts.. they're usually pretty good stuff. As far as what to replace, feel for play at 12/6 on your wheels for ball joints and 9/3 for tie rods. If you do decide to replace the steering rack bushings, i'd suggest getting the MM solids. It's a bit more involved of an install, but worth it IMO.

Joe-405

Reaction score
IF you change the inners MAKE SURE TO PUSH OUT THE PIN !!!! Its behind the nut. You will be replacing a whole rack if you dont. Been there done that it sucks.

OP
OP
sn95 bullitt

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
Ok. I pick up my car in the morning. It got inner and outer tie rods and A new ball joint. He said the boot was torn on it otherwise it was good. $561.00 is that a good price?

greenscobie86

Reaction score
holy shit! $561... I'd say thats a very bad price, but then again I did all the work myself so it all cost me like $110 including alignment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online