Coil Set up Rear

Jgoodall

Reaction score
Looking to find out what spring rate to run on my 94. I installed a K-Member with Coil Overs in the front with 200. I not building a drag car, but I will be driving the car on the street. Maybe a autocross or two.

Any help is appreciative.

Slykin

Reaction score
I'm running 275# on the rear of mine.. but my fronts are 400#. I think you'd do very well to bump your spring rate up in the front. That's really soft. I don't think a coil-over spring would work well in the rear for you because your spring will bend against your shock being that soft.

OP
OP
Jgoodall

Jgoodall

Reaction score
Thanks Slykin.. I was too ober excited when the wife gave me the OK to build a mustang, I just went out and started ordering parts. I will look into getting a higher rate.

Magic

Reaction score
You can use a conventional stock location spring thats around 250lb (ex Eibach Sportline).

What are you using for struts/shocks?

OP
OP
Jgoodall

Jgoodall

Reaction score
I'm running Strange adjustable on the front and I was going to go out and run coil overs on the rear. Must rear kits I have seen online only carry 150 or 175 springs for the rear. The car is down for the winter and all I have left is the rear end to complete. I have the full adjustable rear arms and i have purchased Strange Rear adjustable shocks.

Magic

Reaction score
If youre going coilovers in the rear, you'll want something around a 110-130lb coil over spring in the rear. This spring rate is based on the stock spring rate. If you wanted to match for example an Eibach sportline rear spring, you'd want something like a 140-150lb spring, using a stock style 4 link suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online