CC Plates

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Who makes the cc plates with the most adjustment. I am currently running J&M CC plates and they don't have enough camber adjustment. suspension mods are QA1 Tubular k Member, S&R lowering springs, stock lower control arms.

These are the ones I amusing right now.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/4cacapl.html

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i was gonna suggest the MM plates but honestly im not sure if they have the MOST adjustment......MM plates are pretty well proven tho

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MM's specs:

A. When you reverse the bearing orientation, your adjustment range doubles for the maximum slot length you can fit under the hood. Our camber slots are 1.1" long, and when reversed the slots are effectively 2.2" long! Check the slot length from anyone who says that they can get that much camber adjustment out of a non-reversible bearing cup. You will not find any slot close to 2.2" long. Remember, any time there are two bolts in one slot, the effective slot length is reduced by no less than the diameter of the second bolt!

Yes, any adjustment to camber will cause the toe setting to change. For example, if you adjusted your normal street setting of .75 degrees negative to a setting of 2.5 degrees negative, the toe setting will change, moving in the toe-out direction. This toe change is due to the inward movement of the top of the strut when negative camber is increased. Since the tie rod length remains constant, and the relative position of the spindle is moved inward, the tire toes out.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i use bbk grips, just cause they are purdy, lol. just needed less neg. camber but i def read up on the mm ones after ryan mentioned them. seem to be the best quality and a lot of adjustments. cant go wrong it seems :)

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the plates are your issue.. Have you check your other suspension components.. Are your ball joints in good shape.. Is your k member squared..

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Every thing is solid and square. The tubular k changes the geometry of the front end allot, along with the lowering springs. They are designed to give you more negative camber for racing. But this is a street car, that gets allot of use. I don't want to blow through a set tires every year. So I need to get the camber as close to spec as possible.

I will look into the MM plates. I am really happy with the MM steering shaft. It really ties all the suspension mods together.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
take the mm install instructions to the shop too. they give better specs than good does for street use.

RichV

Reaction score
If you don't get enough neg camber, use the race setting.

I used the street setting and was unable to get any more than -1.0, so I went race setting and was able to get -3.5. The race setting does not change anything other than you cannot go neutral.

RichV

Reaction score
Ya, you can hog out the shocktower and get in the -4 range, but you really don't want to go any less than -2.5. Street, maybe -1 or you'll shred tires.

Here are the alignment settings I use, the camber is really the only thing that differs from street to race ...

Street Performance
Front Caster: +4.7 to +5.5 (what ever the maximum attained is)
Front Camber: -0.6 to –0.8
Front Toe: 1/16” per side, or 1/8” total toe out

Road race / Autocross -1.8° to -2.5°

I don't remember where I found these setting, maybe CC or the MM site.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Picked up a set of MM plates and a set of the Eibach caser bolts. Installed the plates today, they look better to the naked eye. Going in Tuesday for a alignment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online