What other year GT Stock Springs fit my 2000 GT

dakota

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2000 Mustang GT 5-speed and the previous owner cut the coil springs and I want to take the cut springs off and install some stock springs. Does anyone know what other year Mustang GT stock springs will fit my 2000 model. Will all the 1996 through 2004 GT Coil springs fit???
Thanks for your help!

RichV

Reaction score
A lot of aftermarket springs are 79-04, but I would make sure you keep with a 99-04 GT for safe measure. The OEM may have different qualities that the aftermarket do not.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
All year mustang springs will fit, as long as they aren't for an IRS. But, good luck getting factory springs back in. If I were you, I'd just get some cheap lowering springs.

RichV

Reaction score
^ I don't think so. What do you mean all year? The Foxes are different, OEM anyway.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I mean they all will work fine. 79-04. 4 cyl springs would give it a better stance, but if you're looking for stock springs, some Bullitt or Mach springs would be best

OP
OP
dakota

dakota

Reaction score
In my area is several sets of used stock springs for sale, 1996 GT and 1998 GT........the original owner said he cut off one coil but the front bottoms out on some bumps and especially on the expressway at highway speeds where 2 slabs of pavement meet. The mustang has 125K miles and it looks like it stills wears the original Struts and rear shocks. I've read lowering springs can wear out shocks quicker and I'm really trying to figure out the best and most cost effective way to set up my mustang's suspension. I travel for my job and I'm adding this vehicle as an extra car to take some miles off my truck plus I love mustangs--- Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
A set of Tokico Blue shocks/struts will really improve your ride quality. At 125,000 miles, I'm sure the originals are shot. It will really make a big difference in how the car rides and handles!

OP
OP
dakota

dakota

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback and advice.......I still would like to know which years stock Mustang springs will fit my 2000 GT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.