Shimmy with me...

Jnicho

Reaction score
As some my have read in my other post I had some shimmy/vibration/play in my suspension/steering. I recently replaced shocks and the bushings on the rack and pinion unit which has helped greatly. I still have some vibration at around 25-35 MPH and again at 65-75 MPH. Tires were balanced a few weeks ago, so unless I lost a weight or they f'd it up that should be good. I did notice the quad shocks look pretty shot on the back end (stock control arms BTW)...could the quads allow/cause this vibration? I don't feel or see it in the steering wheel so much so I thinking it's coming from the rear end. Any thoughts? I know this is a really hard one to diagnose over the internet, but I thought I'd look for some suggestions.

OP
OP
Jnicho

Jnicho

Reaction score
No quads are to reduce wheel hop.. My last car didn't even have them..

OK...just wasn't sure if at speed that could lead to some vibration...I know a lot of folks don't run them if they have upgraded control arms...but wasn't sure what they would do with the stock arms.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i suggest taking your driveshaft in to get balanced, straightened, and serviced (lube u joints.)

Additionally, make sure the "dog bone" is on your differential. you can lose this once you've got some solid control arms, but until then its purpose is to reduce vibration.

is the vibration in your butt, your gas pedal, your brake pedal, your clutch, or the steering wheel?

OP
OP
Jnicho

Jnicho

Reaction score
i suggest taking your driveshaft in to get balanced, straightened, and serviced (lube u joints.)

Additionally, make sure the "dog bone" is on your differential. you can lose this once you've got some solid control arms, but until then its purpose is to reduce vibration.

is the vibration in your butt, your gas pedal, your brake pedal, your clutch, or the steering wheel?

I wondered about the drive-shaft or a transmission mount maybe. The "dog bone" is still there. The vibration is mostly in my butt...I don't feel it in the steering wheel much if at all...don't feel it in the pedals or the gear shift. All that has led to me think it's probably in the rear of the car, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.