MM Panhard Rod or Fayes2 Watt's Link

driftingmustang

Reaction score
Car will be for Drift, Autox, and a daily driver. question is, is the watts link worth almost double the price?($350 vs $650) Anyone have experience with either or both. how tell able is the difference?

Also going to buy spacers for the rear but Im on the fence about 1 Inch and 1.5 Inch with my stock 17 inch 94 gt wheels.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
the biggest difference most people will tell you is that a wattslink won't "lever" one side of the car up, making it handle slightly different in a left hand corner or a right. either one will you the added benefit of the rear end being positively located in the frame,where stock triangulated suspension does a poor job of it.

my experience is that the panhard bar works very well, and it's hard to go wrong with a MM part, they are built very well, and their tech support is top shelf. my car ha the steeda version, and made a huge difference

to me the price differene isn't worth the almost three bills, cuz the two don't handle that much different,and the panhard is slightly lighter and less complicated.

hope this helps

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
It honestly was and wasn't helpful for me personally. I do understand the physical difference between the two but I was wondering if the difference was noticeable as the driver or is it something so small that its pointless. budget in mind, pan hard bar makes more sense but I don't want to buy it and regret it after making my first quick right to left, left to right transition.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
oh, i see. bottom line, no, not enough difference that we would notice. i have driven a few cars with watts links, and they felt about the same as a panhard equipped car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online