Suspension upgrade thoughts

95 Drop top snake

Reaction score
Ok I plan on upgrading my suspension soon and was wanting to hear some of y'all opinions my current set up is upr coilovers and cc plates up front KGB agx shocks all way around eibach sportlines in the rear bbk strut tower brace and full length sub fram connectors I plan on gettin a upr k member and control arms prothane sway bar end links and bushings mm hd non adjustable lower control arms prothane spring isos mm Panhard bar and factory replacement upper control arm and axle bushings this will be a street car occational drag strip visits no road course but want a good performance. Street set up so what y'all think anything else Might need that would help me out .thanks

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so...

UPR is a pretty crummy company... I rarely suggest their products to anyone (outside of the headlight knob -- which is ugly, but it works)

Take a look at maximum motorsports, griggs racing, or stang suspension. MM and Griggs are reputable companies that actually do the R&D on their products and stand behind their work. SS is a dealer who really knows their stuff...

do you drag race this? or do you just want street performance? what power levels are you looking at? Spherical bearings are for high power outputs and they transfer a LOT of road noise and texture into the cabin. If you just want a hearty street car, I'd suggest looking for prothyne based busing....

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Best setup I've had on my car:

03-04 Cobra Bilsteins Front
MM Valved Bilsteins Rear

H&R Race springs
CC plates of your choice(I had 4 bolt Steedas)

Poly rack/swaybar/ISO's

Was pretty cheap to piece together and felt amazing.

Oh and don't forget to add a good weld in SFC as well.

KidK9

Reaction score
I completely agree with Chris. UPR sucks badly. And weird enough, when you bash them in the forums, it always seems to upset someone, and that person ends up working for them. In all honesty, I think they are shady and I think the products are crap. Just my opinion. I have most of my suspension swapped to Maximum Motorsports and I have ZERO complaints with the company or the products.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
UPR sucks? i always here how shitty a company is directly after i buy shit from them, lol. like i ran out and bought 30 things from BBK and read shit about how disgusting everything they make is :(

sorry op..not tryin o hijack :)

OP
OP
95 Drop top snake

95 Drop top snake

Reaction score
It will rarely see the track but only gets drivin on nice days I want a good street performer I wanted the maxium hd because I heard the spherical bushings will help prevent binding the the Panhard bar I plan to run the car will be at 300 to 400 rwhp and is there a good k member that isn't quite as pricey as the maxium unit?

mvpperformance

Reaction score
Check out UMI and Team z they have great products. Maximum Motorsports is a great company as well like stated above.

OP
OP
95 Drop top snake

95 Drop top snake

Reaction score
Well looks like I will be saving for the maximum k memeber thanks y'all do you have anymore suggestions I might need for my set up to work good

KidK9

Reaction score
The front suspension and motor is on the K-member. I would suggest MM. It's worth the extra pennies. Also, proper grammar helps us to only read the posts once rather than trying to figure out where the hell you intended to place a period.

CrispCobra95

Reaction score
Anything done to the axle? If you are going to throw all this money at making it hook you better focus on the driveline because thats going to be the first thing to snap.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
The front suspension and motor is on the K-member. I would suggest MM. It's worth the extra pennies. Also, proper grammar helps us to only read the posts once rather than trying to figure out where the hell you intended to place a period.
lmfao!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
95 Drop top snake

95 Drop top snake

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't know we had the grammar police here. I do know that the front suspension and the engine connect to the k member. I will be purchasing the maximum k member and control arms. I will also be using the maximum hd non adjustable lower control arms, and also will be replacing the bushings in the upper control arms, Axle with factory rubber bushings. Lastly I will be using maximum's Panhard bar kit. I was just asking if y'all could think of anything that would attribute to what I am doing to the cars suspension. Btw the rear end has ford racing 3.73 gears 31 spline carrier with upgraded clutch packs and moser 31 spline axles.

KidK9

Reaction score
I'm not the grammar police. I just would like to help you with your car and then move on to the next thread instead of reading your same post 5 times trying to figure out what thought you are trying to convey. In other words....help me, help you.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I see you listed this already but ill echo the full Prothane or Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing kit. You would be SHOCKED how big of an improvement can be had just by ditching the factory, compliant rubber bushings. On top of that, the AGX struts are good but for a mainly street drive car, Bilsteins all day. The sport lines will work well and the toss in some cobra sway bars and you're set.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Upr is shit but there's tons of people running 4's in the eighth on the garbage suspension in x275.... Lol . 1.55 60fts blow balls in a low powered car don't they . With that being said if its more of a street car MM or team z makes a wicked road race k member now as well.

OP
OP
95 Drop top snake

95 Drop top snake

Reaction score
Ok agreed kidk9; now to the bushings, I have heard that going to urethane on the upper control arms while using a panhard bar it will cause suspension binding.Also the sway bar iv'e heard ,but don't know for sure that a stiffer sway bar in the rear will cause a push while cornering. If true or not what is the best sway bar(front and rear) that will get me what I want out of the car.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Get some on track time and learn your cars (and your) bad habits before you throw thousands of $$ at it...

I should've..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online