97 cobra sits too high?

monster

Reaction score
i have got to lower my car . what is the lowest i can go with out cc plats ?
could i cut the stock spring?

cobra2_5.jpg

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Your Stang looks to perfect to half step....I would just order some nice Lowering springs..I have Tein Springs now for the past 3 yrs...I didn't get the CC plates til 5 months later..Once I noticed the Stance changed on the front wheels...and the inner tires was wearing funny...:)..I dropped over 1.5 easy all the way around..
IMG_0749_zps39aed510.jpg

OP
OP
monster

monster

Reaction score
Thanks $250 is just a lil high for just springs I wanna save up and get coilovers and struts but for now thinking about just cutting stock springs... is cutting them really that bad of an idea?

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Not really...I'm sure the spring rate is less then aftermarket...It would be for the look only..Cause your ride is going to get harder..And if they are not new...Then you going to get the body roll..etc..There are alot of people cut a Coil and a half off...Never heard any negs from that....

OP
OP
monster

monster

Reaction score
Thanks Any other advice gonna try it this weekend

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
You can go low as you want...But at some point you are going to have to get the CC plates either way ...you will see...as the top of the wheel moves in...Since you are going to lower it...

OP
OP
monster

monster

Reaction score
So. Order CC plates and just cut springs for now just for looks. I just got new tires so I don't wan to mess them up

CrispCobra95

Reaction score
A coilover drop is going to cost way more than a spring drop. I personally have thought about cutting a coil but its a more practical approach to just save up the coin and buy some springs.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
That would work...just don't cut too much...

OP
OP
monster

monster

Reaction score
I'm looking for 1.5-2in drop with a lil rake to the front

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
So full coil should give you that drop you want...

shorty

Reaction score
I can only speak from owning a car with cut springs. as this was done before i bought the car.
it suck's ass. Every time i would turn the car, you could hear the springs making a popping sound. it was as if they where binding pretty bad.
when ever my car hit a bump i was worried the springs would fall out lol
The ride was freaking horrible.
Not to mention it was a nightmare getting on the interstate. every time i hit a bump it felt as if the back end would come off the ground.
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, as maybe there is a specific way they need to be cut, and mine could have just had a crap job done.
I will say that, it ruined my thoughts on cut springs.

OP
OP
monster

monster

Reaction score
Thanks a lot should I wait till I get CC plates I got to order them.. . Or will it b ok for a day or 2 without them

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
With a doubt... Like I said.. It took a few months.. After my car was lowered.. Before I got my CC plates.. With no problems...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online