How not too change your coolant

GT3FC

Reaction score
Well I was doing some checks on my 1989 Camaro and I noticed than my coolant was really dirty. So i decided to flush the system. after running the flushing stuff through the engine it was time to drain all that crap out. On my camaro the only way to drain the radiator is by disconnecting the lower radiator hose and letting it all drain out. so I crawl under the car and loosen the clamp (not thinking that as soon as I pull this hose off all the dirty coolant will com pouring out. Well I pulled the lower hose off when my face was right underneath it. I got a face full of disgusting dirty coolant. That is my automotive blonde moment. I felt pretty stupid after this one.

LI98GT

Reaction score
At least it wasn't hot. Wonder why no drain plug - does it cost more that few pennies for that?

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
right? thats exactly what I was thinking too! a drain plug would have helped a lot haha

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
In my experience, drain plugs either never work or you can't get to them anyway.
I would think pulling the lower hose would allow more gunk to flow out.
Other than coolant face, I would have pulled the lower hose too.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled the cap off a hot car and watched hot coolant fly 20 feet straight up :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online