How to make your MAF worse

ldmiller281

Reaction score
Some may look at the post in the middle of your MAF housing and think to yourself "that looks like it would be restrictive, maybe i should take it out." Stop right there! Even if you maintain the sampling tube, you have changed the volume of air that is flowing through the housing. The sampling tube is calibrated to have the post in the middle of the housing. When you remove the post, the MAF isn't reading that there is more air entering the engine. What then happens is your engine runs lean. Yes, your butt dyno my say that it is more powerful, but you could be running your engine too lean and be damaging it. Save yourself some time and possibly money down the road. Leave the MAF alone.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Done it. Doesn't work so hot. I don't suggest it either.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Wait what did you do? I don't get it. Pictures? lol

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, I learned the hard way on my SVO. They had a VAM (the SVO's air sensor) "modification" on the net that would unlock like 5000 HP, and it was the best mod ever!! After I did it the car ran weird, and would not pass the sniffer until I put a new VAM on it. You could definitely convince yourself that it 'felt faster' tho.

Tons of stupid mods like that on ebay and DIY on the net. Like adding resistors to sensors for HP gains, changing pins on the ECU, and other general stupid mods. Stay away from those.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
do we have a HP-snake-oil post started to save people from this? Kind of like the weighted maf's and other shtuff?

teal95gt

Reaction score
It's actually fine hehe if you get a tune after you do it it's fine.

94RedGt

Reaction score
That's exactly what the C&L maf housing does, its just a big tube with a sampling tube , it made my car run lean as **** and I did not noticed any changes, maybe those C&L housings are meant to be used with a tune, even if u use the stock sensor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online