Guess this "What not to do!!!"

kb1982

Reaction score
Should be easy to guess from the damage. Almost made me cry after I almost pissed myself.

OP
OP
kb1982

kb1982

Reaction score
We got a winner. I sat the pins in the seat instead of on the intake manifold after fixing some wiring issues. Got the new glass coming in the morning to be put in. Havent decided on the hood yet. Im thinking Harwood Cobra R 4 inch or Cervini's 3.5
. The roof got a few dents in it, so when i get the new hood. I'll get the roof fixed and resprayed along with the hood. The flame job is gonna make this a costly lesson.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My buddy did the exact same thing with that exact same hood. Looks like your gonna have to pull the bottom out on the frame otherwise the new windshield. That's what we had to do with his. Autojoke has a puller that we used to pull it out then he filled in the rest of the imperfections with jb weld. The new windshield was then able to be installed lol... Good luck. And set yourself a mini alarm or something so this doesn't happen again haha

Sent from my SCH-I605

Caboose302

Reaction score
I did that with a cincy composites hood. after I was told that they were junk, I immediately went to the parts store and on my way BACK from getting them, 1/8 mi from my buddy's house where we were putting them on, the hood flys up and destroys the cowl panel, roof, and hood. Just sat in the drivers seat holding brand new hood pins in my hand wanting to cry, lol.

Whistler98

Reaction score
Man that stinks. My American Muscle cobra r is made by Kaneen (Spelling?) and the quality/ metal around the stock latch is great. No probs with it.

TLSF150

Reaction score
That sucks..

From now on dont put them in the seat or on the intake or lay them anywhere for that matter!!

Best thing to do is after you lift your hood put the pins back in... its hard to forget them if you cant close your hood!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
damn dude! Custom paint job and everything!! I'm sorry to see that man. :(

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
:( at the first pic - damn forgot the pins
:sad5: at seeing the custom paint and all in the next series of pics.

I do not like hood pins myself but I am probably going to put a custom hood on and will do some somehow. Not really bit on lanyards either but for that exact reason I would use them or have some system to keep it all containted.

OP
OP
kb1982

kb1982

Reaction score
I think im gonna go with a hood with a latch and hood pins next. The worst part of it all is gonna be getting dents on the roof fixed and getting the roof and a new hood repainted like my old one. The car isnt nowhere near showcar quality, so it may be a while before I get the paint fixed. The car is mainly to be used for strip/street use in that order, but the flames grew on me. Guess we will see which takes precedence, more performance or looks. I had new headers, blowoff valve conversion and a meqasquirt planned before this costly screw up. On a positive note, what I was working the day the mishap occurred, made a world of improvement. The car has never idled or ran better since ive had it. The hoodless test drive today proved that, but now ive found the next weak link. Around 15 lbs of boost, my clutch starts slipping when the tires finally hook. So next up is hood and a clutch. As for the Megasqirt, my MAF is dead so why spend 300 when i can spend 800 and get alot more features and tunabilty, as the ecm has just a burnt tune now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010