How not to remove your alternator...

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Don't, for the love of God, try and wiggle that thing out of the bracket because the D*** bracket will break because it is a piece of Sh**! Then you will spend all day searching in junk yards for another bracket only to realize that ford only used that bracket in 94-95 mustang 5.0s and none of the junk yards will have what you are looking for. So then you get the bright idea to go to the ford dealership because the have a parts department there. Only to find out that the bracket you are looking for is no longer in production and your best bet is online... My advice.... DON'T BREAK YOUR ALTERNATOR BRACKET!

RichV

Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up.

There's usually one in the classifieds here. Still not sure how that thing broke on you, never seen one break. Maybe the PO tightened that sucker with a death grip or something.

Can it be welded together maybe?

RichV

Reaction score
Wow. I bet it was cracked before you removed it.

If you have the other piece it could probably be welded up.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
As a temp fix. bend a piace of flat stock to replace the broken piece and bolt it to the accessory bracket.
You won't be able to see it under the alt.

OP
OP
Tekton1377

Tekton1377

Reaction score
I do have the other piece. It's just a matter of getting someone to come tig weld it back together. If no one is gonna do it for a reasonable price though I'm gonna do as CC'S95GT said and just temp fix it until I can source a new one some where.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
I do have the other piece. It's just a matter of getting someone to come tig weld it back together. If no one is gonna do it for a reasonable price though I'm gonna do as CC'S95GT said and just temp fix it until I can source a new one some where.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'd remove the bracket and take it someplace, it pretty easy to remove.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Just a thought for others who suffer this fate, JB Weld?

(Came to mind as I read, but since it wasn't suggested, guessing it's a no-go)

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
eewww daaam, that would be a big ass problem :deeplist: hope ya get it fixed. i'd tig weld it too. should be fine after that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online