become a supporting member

Badges

Feedback
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    

Exterior part diy?

I attached a picture of a exterior part I'm trying to remove not sure what it's called but wanted to know if there is a diy for it or if anyone knows how to remove it

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...pshqmffbjp.png

Badges

Feedback
    Instead of using the link to the pic that you're using, use the one marked "IMG" on the right side of the screen in Photobucket. That way it will post the picture instead of just a link. That should be called the sail panel. I haven't removed one on that year yet. I'm sure there are screws etc inside the interior under the headliner though.
    Semper Fi!
    00 Mustang w/ 02 4.6L, TR3650, 8.8" 3.27

Badges
    Electrical Section Moderator 5+ Successful iTrader Deals 500+ Forum Reputation 5000+ Forum Posts
    Feedback
    9   (100%)
    remove the panel on the inside and you will see the screws holding it. I am not 100% but I also think you will need to remove the front A-pillar as well that is held on by screws on the bottom by the window
    https://driiive.com/ttocs/1994FordMu...!/gallery/add/
    Sponsored by: Redline Leather Goods http://www.redlinegoods.com/
    ____________ Mishimoto Automotive http://www.mishimoto.com/

Badges

Feedback
    So not a quick job ok thought it was held on with clips was gonna pry it off lol

Badges
    ROTM Coordinator Twitter Account Admin Global Site Moderator SN95 Supporting Member 500+ Forum Reputation 5000+ Forum Posts
    Feedback
    1   (100%)
    Yes, they're not clips.

It's bolted through. I'm not sure what exactly has to be removed since I had all my interior out.

1994 Mustang
    - 4.2 V6 M112 Supercharged
    Build Thread
    2004 Mustang GT - Track Build
    Build Thread
    NoPulp.ca

Badges
    500+ Forum Reputation  
    Feedback
    The rubber door molding has to be removed first. Behind that are 4-5 torx bit screws. Removed those, and next is very tricky. There is a metal channel that has to come out. That channel is thin metal and can bend very easy. Pull evenly back and forth until the metal channel comes out. When the channel is removed it will expose 4-5 more screw to remove the forward a pillar moldings. Don't forget the little bolt behind the door and fender. Once all the screws and bolts are removed. The from molding is held in with a couple metal snaps. Just pop it up and pull toward the out side edge of the car.

Next go on the inside, you'll need a t50? Torx bit to remove the front seat belts uptop and the coat hanger piece out back. When your do that the interior piece he held in with plastic snaps. Pull on that try not to break them lol. And watch out for the rear defrost plug on the rear window.

Now you can get to the 5 bolts holding the rear c pillar moldings in place. Undo to bolts loosely on a warm day cold weather has been know to crack the ends where the bolt screws into the c pillar. Place tape on the c pillar of have a buddy holding the molding so it doesn't fall and hit the ground. .

To put back together just go in reverse.

K&N cai, Trickflow 75mm tb, 99-04 magnaflow catback, sct x4 tuner, 5spd swap, Tokico Shocks & Struts, H&R SS, J&M cc plates, J&M rear control arms, Comp. Engineering bump steer, Authentic Silver fr500, SS letter inserts, Retrofit projectors, clear fogs, 4300k HIDs, 1" rear spacers, Sequentials Taillights, S281 Replica Spoiler, 35% tint gt 8.8 w/3.73 98 cobra front Brakes, Baer 13" rear brakes

Badges
    500+ Forum Reputation  
    Feedback
    Some have been know to be held in place with body glue to prevent wind noise and some haven't lol

K&N cai, Trickflow 75mm tb, 99-04 magnaflow catback, sct x4 tuner, 5spd swap, Tokico Shocks & Struts, H&R SS, J&M cc plates, J&M rear control arms, Comp. Engineering bump steer, Authentic Silver fr500, SS letter inserts, Retrofit projectors, clear fogs, 4300k HIDs, 1" rear spacers, Sequentials Taillights, S281 Replica Spoiler, 35% tint gt 8.8 w/3.73 98 cobra front Brakes, Baer 13" rear brakes

Badges

Feedback
    Do i have to remove the part that goes all the way to the hood? Can I just remove the rear sail only?

Badges
    500+ Forum Reputation  
    Feedback
    No, the forward piece (a pillar moldings) snap into the rear c pillar. When I get home, I'll snap a picture of who they come together. I have spare pieces at home.

Badges

Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by 9838stang View Post
    No, the forward piece (a pillar moldings) snap into the rear c pillar. When I get home, I'll snap a picture of who they come together. I have spare pieces at home.

Thanks