become a supporting member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98
  1. #1


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    

    4.6 supercharger build

    Hey all! I have a 97 GT that I am building the motor for. The only things I re-used from the bottom end was the block and crank. Both were fine and met the requirements for my goal (500rwhp). I had forged Mahle pistons, Scat H-beam rods, moly piston rings, hp race crank/rod bearings and ARP fasteners installed. I purchased a set of used PI heads and they are currently having CMS stage 2 springs, retainers/seals and Manley intake/exhaust valves installed. I also picked up a set of CMS stage 2.5 blower cams Let me know what y'all think so far. Any advice or help is appreciated!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2


    DropTopPony's Avatar
    Badges
    Site Administrator SN95 Supporting Member Year 2006 OG 500+ Forum Reputation 5000+ Forum Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    15,297
    Feedback
    3   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    What blower you using and Intake?
    Bob
    96 GT VERT
    Original Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rick focks View Post
    droptop has the awesomest sn95 vert I've seen... O0

  3. #3


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Most likely a vortech or procharger. But I have a little time on that. I'm using a PI intake at first and need to do my homework on intake manifolds. But what I have seen so far, the PI is solid


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #4


    96blak54's Avatar
    Badges
    500+ Forum Reputation 5000+ Forum Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,135
    Feedback
    1   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Exactly!

    Keep the build low cost will increase success finishing. Itll be running in no time at all.

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

  5. #5


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Yes sir! Waiting on the heads to get done and the cams to come in with the new followers and adjusters then it's assembly time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #6


    97stanger's Avatar
    Badges
    Year 2006 OG 5000+ Forum Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,494
    Feedback
    3   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Should be a fun little build! Can't go wrong with a centri, super reliable and will make great power. Best of luck with it, for your goals more than likely a PI manifold will be fine. What compression/fuel?

    1997 Mustang GT
    New build under construction: Trick flow head, turbo cam, 76mm turbo coming soon

  7. #7


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    I am unsure on the compression/fuel. I will be running the motor N/A for a little bit to get the suspension worked out before the centri. I need to do more research on the fuel part. I have heard those focus set fuel pumps are solid and 60lb injectors aught to do it. I do believe the compression will be 10.1. I have 18cc dished pistons and the PI heads with Manley valves so I am thinking in the 9.1-10.1 range


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #8


    97stanger's Avatar
    Badges
    Year 2006 OG 5000+ Forum Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,494
    Feedback
    3   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide1006 View Post
    I am unsure on the compression/fuel. I will be running the motor N/A for a little bit to get the suspension worked out before the centri. I need to do more research on the fuel part. I have heard those focus set fuel pumps are solid and 60lb injectors aught to do it. I do believe the compression will be 10.1. I have 18cc dished pistons and the PI heads with Manley valves so I am thinking in the 9.1-10.1 range


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I used to run Manley 18cc pistons, PI heads, no decking to the block and i forget the compressed thickness of the gaskets but I was right around 9.5:1, so you should be right in that range as well.

    1997 Mustang GT
    New build under construction: Trick flow head, turbo cam, 76mm turbo coming soon

  9. #9


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Quote Originally Posted by 97stanger View Post
    I used to run Manley 18cc pistons, PI heads, no decking to the block and i forget the compressed thickness of the gaskets but I was right around 9.5:1, so you should be right in that range as well.
    Man that's the piece of info I needed! Thank you! I didn't have any specs of a similar mod motor to give me an idea of what my compression will be. Now I do thank you!

    Can't wait to see what the motor feels like when it's n/a. Last time I drove the car it was just the NPI motor with a PI intake, bassani catted x and flowmaster catback. That idle is going to be nice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  10. 97stanger liked this post.
  11. #10


    97stanger's Avatar
    Badges
    Year 2006 OG 5000+ Forum Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,494
    Feedback
    3   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide1006 View Post
    Man that's the piece of info I needed! Thank you! I didn't have any specs of a similar mod motor to give me an idea of what my compression will be. Now I do thank you!

    Can't wait to see what the motor feels like when it's n/a. Last time I drove the car it was just the NPI motor with a PI intake, bassani catted x and flowmaster catback. That idle is going to be nice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No problem! And you'll be setting yourself up good for when you do boost, 9.5:1 is perfect to throw tons of boost at if you ever wish

    I'm sure it will feel like a whole new car. And if you are impressed with the n/a setup wait until you slap a centri on and really wake her up!

    1997 Mustang GT
    New build under construction: Trick flow head, turbo cam, 76mm turbo coming soon

  12. #11


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Quote Originally Posted by 97stanger View Post
    No problem! And you'll be setting yourself up good for when you do boost, 9.5:1 is perfect to throw tons of boost at if you ever wish

    I'm sure it will feel like a whole new car. And if you are impressed with the n/a setup wait until you slap a centri on and really wake her up!
    Fantastic! This is my first motor build. Happy to hear that my goals are achievable and then some!

    Lol ya n/a is going to be fun and then the centri ooo man. I can't wait! Been thinking about this build for 10 years now haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  13. 97stanger liked this post.
  14. #12


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    




    More parts came in I will be getting the heads back next Tuesday and have this thing running by next weekend!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  15. #13


    lwarrior1016's Avatar
    Badges
    SN95 Supporting Member 5+ Successful iTrader Deals 500+ Forum Reputation  
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Posts
    4,461
    Feedback
    5   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Parts are always a good thing! Keep us updated.
    Rio Red 98 GT
    Always Under Construction


  16. #14


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarrior1016 View Post
    Parts are always a good thing! Keep us updated.
    Will do! I'm pumped, can't wait. Plenty of pics will be taken


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  17. #15


    lwarrior1016's Avatar
    Badges
    SN95 Supporting Member 5+ Successful iTrader Deals 500+ Forum Reputation  
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Posts
    4,461
    Feedback
    5   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide1006 View Post
    Will do! I'm pumped, can't wait. Plenty of pics will be taken


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I enjoy looking at the pictures lol. You said you should have this thing running next week, youre meaning built, in the car, running, right?

    Also, cant help but notice your name is rolltide. I take it youre in Alabama?
    Rio Red 98 GT
    Always Under Construction


  18. #16


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Ya I'll have it in the car running Thursday or Friday of next week. Can't wait to hear those cams.

    Lol ya my parents went to school in Tuscasloosa but we live in Georgia. Dad was born in Mobile too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  19. #17



    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    50
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Are you going to dyno it?

  20. #18


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Quote Originally Posted by NEURON View Post
    Are you going to dyno it?
    Yes. Next week when I have the cash flow. Until that point, nice easy driving. Just worried that the thing may not want to idle with the cams on the stock tune


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  21. #19


    Rolltide1006's Avatar
    Badges
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Feedback
    0
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    


    Heads came back this morning I will start piecing the motor together tonight


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  22. #20


    lwarrior1016's Avatar
    Badges
    SN95 Supporting Member 5+ Successful iTrader Deals 500+ Forum Reputation  
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Posts
    4,461
    Feedback
    5   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    Those are purdy!

    Got some nice valves in there, everything is nice and clean. Make sure all your oil galley plugs are installed, especially the ones on the bottom.
    Rio Red 98 GT
    Always Under Construction


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Planning a mild-ish supercharger build w/B heads. First 4V
    By ScottyDsntKnow in forum 96-04 - 4V Specific
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-26-2016, 08:25 AM
  2. All motor build vs turbo build???????
    By BlacknRedGT in forum 94-95 5.0 - Specific
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:55 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM
  4. Replies: 133
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:12 PM
  5. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •