become a supporting member

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Badges
    Instagram Account Admin 500+ Forum Reputation 5000+ Forum Posts
    Feedback
    2   (100%)
    Post Thanks / Likes Stats    
    I'm so lost in technology I feel that I'd need a 4 year degree before ever stepping foot in a home audio store

Badges
    500+ Forum Reputation  
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm so lost in technology I feel that I'd need a 4 year degree before ever stepping foot in a home audio store
    Thatís why you donít go to stores. Theyíll know your not well versed in this stuff and sell you a bunch of shit you donít really need.

Best to get somewhat educated by someone who knows the industry well and have them help you pick your stuff out. Saves you time and money and you learn a bit in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95 Satin black on wicked black leather, black chrome fr500's, blacked out boosted 351 being dropped in as you read this......

Badges
    Global Site Moderator SN95 Supporting Member 5+ Successful iTrader Deals 500+ Forum Reputation 5000+ Forum Posts
    Feedback
    9   (100%)
    Lol Shameless plug for Evil

Badges
    500+ Forum Reputation  
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by g36 monkey View Post
    Lol Shameless plug for Evil
    Nah, tony hates me too much to ask me for info. Iím just making a simple suggestion out of the kindness of my heart!!!

...........canít believe I typed that with a straight face, we all know Iím not kind and I have no heart!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95 Satin black on wicked black leather, black chrome fr500's, blacked out boosted 351 being dropped in as you read this......

5. g36 monkey liked this post.

Badges
    Global Site Moderator SN95 Supporting Member 5+ Successful iTrader Deals 500+ Forum Reputation 5000+ Forum Posts
    Feedback
    9   (100%)
    Alright pretty big update:

Here’s the easy stuff – new kitchen table. Much better than the Wal-Mart table we had in here:

Here are the pavers I laid down in the side yard. I need to get rid of the major grade behind it, but that’s another day. For now, this works and will keep the gate happily opening:

The gate all squared away.

This was buried under the old gate. I have no idea what it is.

Unfinished project: Storm Door:

Here is what we started with.

The new door is a Larson model. The top half has a screen that slides down. This way we can open the front door and have some air blow through, but we don’t need to worry about the animals getting out or destroying the screen.

I forgot to grab pics of it mounted. We still have not finished it though, but right now it is at least hanging in place. We need to get the strike plate sorted out so it hangs on a bit better. While working on this I also replaced the weather strip on the door, it makes a MUCH better seal now.

Next, the deck in the back yard – its 20’x20’ – built out of 2”x8” and 6”x6” posts with normal 1”x6” decking. I was going to do composite decking but it’s 8 times the cost. If I planned to live in this house forever, maybe. At this house? No sir.

So here are some pics:

This is getting it laid out for the first time.

I imagine most people can figure this out, but we did the classic truck unloading method – drive quick in reverse and slam the brakes. It got all the wood out in one shot, which sure beats unloading.

Here is my neighbor helping me out. My dad was also there helping!

Framed out and digging for the stringers.

We were initially planning to have 10’ on each side with a gap in the middle. But because the consistency of the boards is so, well, inconsistent – we went with a staggered approach the following day. It looks much more “professional” and might be stronger, who knows.

Here is how it sits this evening. Note the grill. Tonight was the FIRST time we used it since I bought it last June. It will be nice having a good place for it. Some people think we need seating/railing around the edges, and that might be something we add eventually. Right now I am just so happy to have a porch. This should help mitigate the dirt from tracking into the house anytime I step out the back door.

So, that’s it for now. I will try to get some updated pictures soon!

Thanks for looking!