For Sale 1998 Ford Mustang GT

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I wanted to see if there was any interest before I dump a bunch of more money into it.

Highly modified, especially the suspension. When I bought the car it had a bad engine, transmission & rearend. The original 4.6 was rebuilt but I added a fresh set of PI heads with all the PI upgrades. I also did a COP ignition conversion. Then I went to BBK for all the intake parts as you can see in the pictures. I also have a BBK no catalytic X-pipe. I still have the stock pipe for smog purposes. It also has BBK shorty headers. And yes that is a real Roush side exhaust with the original Magnaflow mufflers. The car screams.

The transmission was totally rebuilt. Everything had to be replaced with the exception of the case. All new parts were used by DTM transmission in Ventura. It also got the upgraded 3rd gear fork. Then I added a new RAM clutch and Steeda short throw shifter.

The rearend third member was rebuilt and I added a 3.73 Ford Motorsports gear set.

The suspension has had a ton of work. Over 5K just there alone. KYB adjustable yellows converted to coilovers using a Steeda kit in the front. Racecraft road race drop spindles and lower control arms with a Steeda front sway bar. The rear got Steeda adjustable upper and lower control arms with GT coils and KYB yellow shocks (again adjustable). The Steeda lower control arms are the billet units that allow height adjustable.

Everything on the car works. AC blows cold, cruise control works exactly as it should. There was a lot of custom work to get the Nardi wheel to work with the cruise. It took a bunch of one off machined parts. No wires were ever cut on the car. Everything is plug and play and I have all the parts removed.

It still has its original paint as near as I can tell. Its not perfect and don't expect it to be given the age. But its a low mile car that has been worked on correctly by the right people.

It has a custom tune by Full Throttle Kustoms and will come with a SCT X4 hand tuner with the factory tune for smogging the car. Its always garaged and rarely driven anymore. I will give anyone a test drive if they come see it. But I drive.

Much more to go over in person.

Asking 5900.00. I know that is a big nut for this year car. You don't need to tell me. I would even be interested in doing a package deal that included MMR stage 3 heads with custom Bullet SC cams, Teksid block and a heavily modified SVO supercharger.

Would consider a trade for the right 1st Gen 4runner.

Jake

GT_1.jpg

GT_2.jpg

GT_3.jpg

GT_4.jpg

GT_5.jpg

GT_6.jpg

GT_7.jpg

GT_8.jpg

GT_9.jpg

GT_10.jpg

GT_11.jpg