302 to 302 swap

r1ch999999

Reaction score
So I'm still the owner of my 94, I'm debating selling it, but if I don't I think it could use some freshing up. I'm just under 90k, so I assume it's a great candidate for a rebuild, but if I were to find myself in possession of a 302 with a mild build, what should I be looking at to do a swap? Basically, would any year 302 swap over if I took the accessories and intake? I'm assuming I'd want a better intake, but I really don't know a lot about this sort of thing. General maintenance I can handle, and my neighbor is working on several cars as we speak, I know I could pay him for any help I need.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
This is the reason why I always have spare blocks and engine parts laying around
One engine gets worked
I' have another engine ready on the shelf to go
With what ever upgrades

07GtS197

Reaction score
There were differences in the bottom end, heads and intake setups over the years and even the same year depending on the application. And 85 was the transition year for roller blocks.

OP
OP
R

r1ch999999

Reaction score
Yeah, I get that it's low mileage, but it could use some power and seals replaced. I was thinking it'd be easier to do a full swap than to pay someone to build up the motor.

I'm probably going to leave it for now, thanks for the replies.

Rod

Reaction score
Things to keep in mind for your year. Most critical is the timing cover, it is specific to 94-95 only, so make sure to have the correct one. The engine needs to be based on a roller block so nothing older than 85 to keep it easy. The cam is actually a 351 firing order so make sure to have the correct cam pattern. Now if you go very far from the stock configuration you will need to chip it or go with a stand alone ECU as the 94/94 does not like to play well with mods.

OP
OP
R

r1ch999999

Reaction score
Things to keep in mind for your year. Most critical is the timing cover, it is specific to 94-95 only, so make sure to have the correct one. The engine needs to be based on a roller block so nothing older than 85 to keep it easy. The cam is actually a 351 firing order so make sure to have the correct cam pattern. Now if you go very far from the stock configuration you will need to chip it or go with a stand alone ECU as the 94/94 does not like to play well with mods.
This is the sort of info I was hoping for. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online