clutch break in period

GT3FC

Reaction score
Just got a new clutch in my 02 GT and I'm having a hell of a time driving like a grandma, anyone else going through a new clutch break in period and having as hard of a time not getting on it as I am?

RichV

Reaction score
I wouldn't be on pins and needles. I've broken in 2 clutches with my 94.

And I don't have an option of driving like a grandma. The clutch break in for me, is a track session of slipping the clutch a little more so the surfaces heat up together. Then a cool down. Next session, back to drive it like you stole it.

Slykin

Reaction score
I did the whole 500 miles thing, but I really don't think it's necessary as long as everything seems fine for the first 50 miles.

Side note: [MENTION=18292]Wichers123[/MENTION] What size tires are you running? The sidewall looks tall.. and I like it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I still got on it and took it to 5 grand after a 100kms or so but I wasn't doing burnouts and stuff until I drove it to work for the week so it had break in kms on it. My act in my car now .... Get in and go is how I went about it this time

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
If your going to rape the carwhen driving, rape the clutch after you install it, try to keep burnouts to a min for a few weeks but other then that thrash that hoe

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If your going to rape the carwhen driving, rape the clutch after you install it, try to keep burnouts to a min for a few weeks but other then that thrash that hoe

Alrighty-Then.jpg

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Well my break in period was up Monday night....coincidentally Monday night I got pulled over for street racing......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray176

Members online