driveshaft

R94

Reaction score
Who makes a driveshaft thats a will fit a stock body with a 8.8 rear and a TKX 5sp or will the stock one fit without mods just changing the input yoke?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had an aftermarket aluminum shaft already when I put in my t56 magnum. I measured how much I needed to take off of it and then took it to a local driveshaft shop that took care of it. I think it was only $75-100. The guys at silver sport transmission is who I would call myself. That is who I got the magnum from and they seemed to have all the answers to the questions I asked.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Your local driveline shop should be able to fab one up or modify an existing unit. Last time I did that it was ~$100 all in.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had an aftermarket aluminum shaft already when I put in my t56 magnum. I measured how much I needed to take off of it and then took it to a local driveshaft shop that took care of it. I think it was only $75-100. The guys at silver sport transmission is who I would call myself. That is who I got the magnum from and they seemed to have all the answers to the questions I asked.
Huh… that’s where my TKX is from. I’ll give them a call. Considering an aluminum driveshaft. ;-)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They were super nice guys and never needed to search for an answer when I asked, they always seemed to know the answer already.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They were super nice guys and never needed to search for an answer when I asked, they always seemed to know the answer already.
On it! Leaving them a message in 3, 2, 1…. LOL

ON EDIT: message left (after hours); awaiting call back!

Last edited:

garrittpwl

Reaction score
On it! Leaving them a message in 3, 2, 1…. LOL

ON EDIT: message left (after hours); awaiting call back!
what was their answer? Im in this same process but I was under the assumption my stock driveshaft would work

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TKX’s bell housing is shorter by 1”-1.5”, so requires a custom-built driveshaft. Just under $800 from SS. I have a call in to a local driveline shop that’s done work for me in the past. Will check back Monday/Tuesday….

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online