Dyno Results: 1997 Mustang GT Comp xe270ah

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Is that a complete PI swap or PI heads on a NPI short block.

What if anything was used to tune it?

kyle

Sorry I am going through here and reviving threads from the dead lol. I have been so busy with school I haven't had time to check anything on here.

A little update, it was tuned with an SCT tuner, and I'm not very happy with the tune to say the least. After I got it back it started surging at idle here and their, and seems to be running very rich. It definitely runs better than it did before, but I am going to get it retuned at a different shop soon, I am on a waiting list at Blankenship.

I heard a couple of bad reviews about this tuner before but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. A buddy of mine went to the same tuner and had issues afterwards. He went to Blankenship and picked up about 15-20 at the rear and a LOT better gas mileage. So we will see I should be getting it tuned in the next few weeks or so

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Sorry I am going through here and reviving threads from the dead lol. I have been so busy with school I haven't had time to check anything on here.

A little update, it was tuned with an SCT tuner, and I'm not very happy with the tune to say the least. After I got it back it started surging at idle here and their, and seems to be running very rich. It definitely runs better than it did before, but I am going to get it retuned at a different shop soon, I am on a waiting list at Blankenship.

I heard a couple of bad reviews about this tuner before but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. A buddy of mine went to the same tuner and had issues afterwards. He went to Blankenship and picked up about 15-20 at the rear and a LOT better gas mileage. So we will see I should be getting it tuned in the next few weeks or so

Im interested to see the results, I dont think I read an answer to a previous asked question but is this a full PI engine or PI heads and NPI block? I was hoping to see like 250whp out of mine but if yours was only at 260 I dont see my goal being reached without more go fast goodies.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Im interested to see the results, I dont think I read an answer to a previous asked question but is this a full PI engine or PI heads and NPI block? I was hoping to see like 250whp out of mine but if yours was only at 260 I dont see my goal being reached without more go fast goodies.

Yeah I would take those numbers with a grain of salt lol. Not saying that I will make a drastic amount more power, but I think I can make a little bit more with a much better tune.

its a full pi engine swap not a pi head swap, because I have plans to go FI sometime in the future.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Yeah I would take those numbers with a grain of salt lol. Not saying that I will make a drastic amount more power, but I think I can make a little bit more with a much better tune.

its a full pi engine swap not a pi head swap, because I have plans to go FI sometime in the future.

Haha good deal, well I'm in for you new dyno #'s then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online