Ebay catback....

Magic

Reaction score

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
No idea, looks like a borla system as you said. The one thing you could do for sure is if you don't like the sound, pull the mufflers out and throw in some magnaflow stainlesses.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
those tips look like crap, and with all the slip fit connections, i bet it leaks like crazy...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
That definitely looks like Borla, the muffler shape and tips both match. I wouldn't worry too much about it leaking, all of our exhausts are either clamp or slip fit like that... i'm no exhaust expert though. Man those tips look like balls though.

BigTang

Reaction score
thats a seriously clean looking system. how much is shipping? probably offsets the decent price.
I bought a Tsudo catback from ebay for my civic a few years ago and it was probably the best sounding fart cannon out there and it was nothing more than a chinese knock off of a better company

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
BigTang said:
thats a seriously clean looking system. how much is shipping? probably offsets the decent price.

FREE shipping. seems like a good price for a fully stainless polished exhaust.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
a buddy of mine has the c.a.m. longtubes from ebay and its really nice.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
That looks almost identical to the Borla setup I had on one of my cars a few years back. Let us know what the fit and finish is like when you install it.

Paul.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
hell flowmaster cat backs are about that same price. but for stainless its not a bad deal i think.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do the Borla catbacks come in nearly one piece? From the H-pipe connection, to halfway up the axle kickup is one piece on that thing, seems like it might be awkward to install.

I'd still try it though, if nothing else, you get a nice stainless catback to weld the muffs of your choice into.

OP
OP
Magic

Magic

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Do the Borla catbacks come in nearly one piece? From the H-pipe connection, to halfway up the axle kickup is one piece on that thing, seems like it might be awkward to install.

I'd still try it though, if nothing else, you get a nice stainless catback to weld the muffs of your choice into.

Yea this is almost identical (like 98%) to the Borla catback....The Borla catback installs in the exact same way....

OP
OP
Magic

Magic

Reaction score
Paul said:
That looks almost identical to the Borla setup I had on one of my cars a few years back. Let us know what the fit and finish is like when you install it.

Paul.

I'll be changing the exhaust setup next winter when I get the 351W in it.....wonder how that catback will sound with a turbo? Hopefully its still on ebay next winter....I'll be tempted to try it out....

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Cars are super quiet with a turbo because the exhaust pulse gets eliminated by the turbine. As long as you have a straight-through muffler, your setup will be fine.

OP
OP
Magic

Magic

Reaction score
Paul said:
Cars are super quiet with a turbo because the exhaust pulse gets eliminated by the turbine. As long as you have a straight-through muffler, your setup will be fine.

Ive heard various turbo Mustangs with chambered mufflers like Flowmasters or Bassani, and the exhaust note(s) sound different (to me anyways) than a straight-thru muffler like Dynomax Ultra-Flos.....

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Chambered mufflers are bad for performance in a turbo application. I've seen this firsthand on a dyno with my friend Trent's turbostang.

OP
OP
Magic

Magic

Reaction score
Paul said:
Chambered mufflers are bad for performance in a turbo application. I've seen this firsthand on a dyno with my friend Trent's turbostang.

Oh no doubt about chambered mufflers and turbo apps....

Trent? TurboMustangs Trent?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Magic said:
Paul said:

Oh no doubt about chambered mufflers and turbo apps....

Trent? TurboMustangs Trent?

Yeah that's him. Although now he likes racing quads much more. He just won the whole season in the expert class.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SN95.0

Members online