heads/cams 2v vs cammed maro Z28

mike012v

Reaction score
Going to the track next month to race my buddys cammed 02 Z28 and was wondering what you guys think the outcome would be. My car has port/polish heads, custom grind cams, full bolt ons, 3.73 gears (5 speed) and custom tune. and a lil weight reduction. his is a auto with jus a cam and longtubes. he'll be on drag radials & ill be on slicks.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Should be close, drivers race I'd say. I wouldn't underestimate those Z28s, they're pretty quick when they have aftermarket cams in them. Your buddy have a hi stall converter or stock? You should take him either way though.

OP
OP
mike012v

mike012v

Reaction score
Should be close, drivers race I'd say. I wouldn't underestimate those Z28s, they're pretty quick when they have aftermarket cams in them. Your buddy have a hi stall converter or stock? You should take him either way though.
Stock stall. Everything is stock except for longtubes & cam

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I don't know. LS1s are straight up scary with cams and exhaust. But if you can shift and launch you can get him.

kb1982

Reaction score
Some of those LS heads flow alot of cfm from the factory. Add a big cam and headers and they will move. This is a picture of my friends 02, motor is all stock besides a big cam, valvesprings, kooks headers, victor jr intake, accufab throttle body, fuel injectors and a great tune. With 4.10s and leaving on a transbrake, he gets into the 10's.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
You can't say all stock then list almost 10 mods Lol.....

But for the mods list its pretty quick.. ..all stock suspension?

The D3V

kb1982

Reaction score
He has poly bushings in the suspension with qa1 12 way adjustable shocks on all 4 corners. That may be 9 mods but heck, who doesnt have bigger injectors, different intake manifold, headers, gear,and sooo forth. Maybe i should have said stock bottom end. The most extreme part of his car is a stall and a tranny with a transbrake. The thing i like most about his car, he bought a nitrous kit to be sure he would outrun mine.

itsblue95

Reaction score
Some of those LS heads flow alot of cfm from the factory. Add a big cam and headers and they will move. This is a picture of my friends 02, motor is all stock besides a big cam, valvesprings, kooks headers, victor jr intake, accufab throttle body, fuel injectors and a great tune. With 4.10s and leaving on a transbrake, he gets into the 10's.

Hardinsburg I've been there a ton of times. What does your car run?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online