Here's the suspension setup I'm thinking about...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I"m taking my eibach bars (front and back) off in a March.
if your looking I'll give you a deal.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

what are you gonna replace them with? I know you might do a MM Adjustable in the rear but what about the front?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yes, adjustable in the rear, and it turns out stock is just right for my front spring rate coilovers.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
yes, adjustable in the rear, and it turns out stock is just right for my front spring rate coilovers.

your lucky you dont have tail pipes with all the goodies out back. I wanna do a PHB but i love my tail pipes too much and i know i would have to modify them hard to fit. they already rub my axle

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ya, they have to be made to go up and over. it can be done, but a good exhaust shop would have to do it.
I'm cool with the dumps. 8)

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
ya, they have to be made to go up and over. it can be done, but a good exhaust shop would have to do it.
I'm cool with the dumps. 8)

yeah, the only real option is to go with dumps.....But i love my Damn pipes so much.

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
MM Full length SFC's
MM Standard LCA's (non adj.)
H&R Super Sports
Fox Struts
Tokico Blue shocks
MM CC plates
Steeda Tubular Front sway bar

Obviously there's more to get...but this is what I've decided on so far. Still looking around, researching,etc. And I haven't completely made up my mind about how far I wanna go with this GT. Any input, suggestions are greatly appreciated. :santa_afro:
Before you choose and buy parts you have to ask yourself what do you want this car to be. I can tell you right now to scrap the front sway bar. The factory suspension is set up to induce understeer rather than oversteer as a safety measure. Your best bet is to upgrade your rear bar with a Cobra bar or MM or Steeda adjustable.

When you say fox struts, which ones? I assume you mean the blues. Those will be alright with your SS spring selection. The SS springs for a "for looks" spring. But your spring selection comes back to what you want to do with the car. If you want to do any autocross or track events, you are going to want a higher spring rate such as H&R Race springs, and with that comes the need for different dampers.

The rest of your list looks pretty good but I would add a couple things to it: Panhard rod to locate the axle, shorter front swaybar endlinks to correct the sway bar pitch, and new bushings in the front control arms.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

That'd be great! Thanks Jeff :santa_afro:

Goindeafonmtx said:
Before you choose and buy parts you have to ask yourself what do you want this car to be. I can tell you right now to scrap the front sway bar. The factory suspension is set up to induce understeer rather than oversteer as a safety measure. Your best bet is to upgrade your rear bar with a Cobra bar or MM or Steeda adjustable.

When you say fox struts, which ones? I assume you mean the blues. Those will be alright with your SS spring selection. The SS springs for a "for looks" spring. But your spring selection comes back to what you want to do with the car. If you want to do any autocross or track events, you are going to want a higher spring rate such as H&R Race springs, and with that comes the need for different dampers.

The rest of your list looks pretty good but I would add a couple things to it: Panhard rod to locate the axle, shorter front swaybar endlinks to correct the sway bar pitch, and new bushings in the front control arms.

Thanks for th info buddy. I want it to have good street manners as well as perform well on the track. Doesn't have to be a 100% towards either. By fox struts, I mean the Foxbody Struts. I had though about the Race springs. And I'm still looking around at rear sway bars. But the ones you listed were on the list already. The list isn't complete. And I may still change something as well.

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
J.R. said:
So sportlines are for sissies?
They are a "for looks" spring entirely. The SS's have a high spring rate, but drop the car too much to where the roll center in under the ground.