Hey All

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everybody, new user here. My name is Scott, and I just got myself a 95 Mustang GT today.

A little background on what brought me here: I attended my first every HPDE event last weekend and absolutely loved it. I did it in my daily driver car and while it was really intense (in a good way), I had nightmares of sending my car into a wall or flipping it. So I decided to get a dedicated car specifically for events. Over time, I plan on building it up (or tearing it down, depending on how you look at it) into a track car. I thought long and hard about what car I wanted, one that was capable-ish stock (I still have a lot of learning to do), RWD and inexpensive to maintain and get parts for. And I didn't want a Miata. So naturally I landed on a Mustang. Decided on the 94-95 for the 5.0, found one, and here I am.

I'm looking forward to learning quite a bit about this car, and I think this forum will help me with that :) Thanks all!

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Here's some pics:

rightside.jpg

rearquarter.jpg

frontseat.jpg

rearseat.jpg

enginebay.jpg

I've got a lot of work to do on this car. The seats need some work, and I need to fix the fuel gauge - it doesn't always work. It's going to take some time getting used to the car and build up some confidence in it, but I'm looking forward to it :)

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah, I hope so. There's a couple areas where I'm a little concerned - the gap between the front fender and door on the passenger side and loose front bumper right by the passenger wheel for example. Makes me wonder if it was hit or something. I did the carfax thing on it, and other than having a lot of owners, no accidents were listed. Doesn't mean it wasn't in one and just not reported, of course. But I guess nothing serious enough to warrant getting the insurance company involved. And it seems to drive straight without having to pull the wheel, so that's good. Overall, I'm really excited about this. I've already gotten the factory manual and some literature on race-preping. This will be quite the learning experience :)

The odometer doesn't work (stopped at 101K, about 5 years ago, lol) and the stock oil pressure and coolant temp gauges don't work. That's the gauges you see in the pillar pod in the photos, replacement oil pressure and coolant temp gauges. Also the fuel gauge is really flaky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if it's a fuel sender or gauge issue though. I got a replacement cluster for cheap off eBay, so we'll see if that "repairs" any of the broken gauges. And if not, meh. I'll just move on from there. I will be eventually replacing all the gauges with aftermarket ones anyway, so I'm not too concerned about it.