Lowering

All_Ford_Fun

Reaction score
Im getting ready to lower one of my mustangs and got to thinking about this... I eventually want to put a k member in but I'm not doing this till i get my motor back from the shop and considering the guy is doing it as a favor for me , theres no rush on it and will probly be a bit before i get it back so no k member to soon. Rather than buying springs , shocks & struts is there a desent company where the after market A arms and coil overs will work with a stock k member till I get to change it in a few months? I allready have some mm caster plates. Its just going to be something fun to drive the hell out of. Any suggestions on spring rates? Rear shocks n springs? Also plan to go ahead and replace ball joints , tie rods and bushings , any thing thing eles while I'm addressing the front end , suggestions on a good bushing kit? Thanx

piperpilotduane

Reaction score
It's alot of work to do this. IF you are changing LCA's go ahead and do the K-member. You do not want to do it twice.

OP
OP
A

All_Ford_Fun

Reaction score
Id rather do it twice than spend more money on a lowering kit to just have to replace 1/2 of it later on...

Mustanger

Reaction score
Call MM & discuss your plans & budget...I'd buy all their stuff because you can rely on it working well together. Their bushings & parts won't cause you to have suspension binding & it is great stuff! If you mix & match no telling how it will come out...maybe great & likely not so much.

OP
OP
A

All_Ford_Fun

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to call them , but lookin as i will have to settel for an e-mail lol Time is pretty tight right now , working supper crazy but didnt know if anyone had some first hand experience with this

Mustanger

Reaction score
I've had the not so much experience!...now would rather have a co ordinated package like MM offrs...at least stuff gauranteed to work together

castine917

Reaction score
All_Ford_Fun said:
Id rather do it twice than spend more money on a lowering kit to just have to replace 1/2 of it later on...
doing it twice will cost more. i would call MM also. you don't get time for a lunch break? they can likely answer your question within 5 minutes and save you money in the long run.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Call MM.. good guys.. but are you planning on road racing? Whats the reason behind a new K member? Lighter? Stronger? For what reason? Street use?

Course F it.. if the engine is out.. may as well change it while ur at it .. Call MM.. theyl steer you into the correct pit to put your car for the 10 second oil change time..

Edit: Sorry guys.. I have no idea where in the F i was going with that.. just started saying random shit.. lol..no idea whats going on right now lol :tard:

OP
OP
A

All_Ford_Fun

Reaction score
Reason behind the k member us the motor will be out at one point , there lighter look better and I want coil overs any how and don't mine spending the money for it lol. The car will be a street strip car. I know they don't exactly go togeather but looking for the best of both worlds. Want to make it handel good and have enough ass to burn some rice on the weekends lol
How will it coast more to have to do the work twice? Ill be doing it mysealf so no shop coasts... Aside from bushings I don't see any extra expence once the coil overs are in and just adding a k member to them down the road. Correct me if I'm wrong but am I missing something there?

castine917

Reaction score
if your doing the work yourself and it will only take few inexpensive bushings than you are right and doing it twice will be alright.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.