shocks and struts

Zwolaver21

Reaction score
I way originally going to get foxbody Tokico 5-ways but then I noticed stangsuspension had the d-specs for our cars cheaper and they have more adjustably. I will not be doing any auto x and will see the strip only a couple of times a month... So what do you guys think 5 ways or d specs? Any other suggestions?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have Tokico 5-ways and love em'!!!! I never adjust the setting...i just keep in on 5 in the front, 4 in the back.

i used to have setting 5 in the rear but it over steered a little so i lowered it to setting 4 with took away the oversteer

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
pick up the d specs. more adjustability and cheaper sounds like a win win. if ya have c/c plates ull be fine with sn95 struts

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
try and get Fox Struts though even if you have C/C plates..... they are WAY better for lowered stangs.

Since SN95 Struts have long travel, a lowered stang wears them out faster

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
try and get Fox Struts though even if you have C/C plates..... they are WAY better for lowered stangs.

ya but the spacers on the c/c plate already raise the shaft/shorten the travel an 1" atleast

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
SRT Handz said:

ya but the spacers on the c/c plate already raise the shaft/shorten the travel an 1" atleast

:TY:

OP
OP
Z

Zwolaver21

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I think I am going to go with the D Spec they are cheaper so why not. I may never adjust them once I find the setting I want but it would probably be cool to play around with for awhile.

Anyone know how hard these are to adjust?

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
SRT Handz said:

True story.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
I have Tokico 5-ways and love em'!!!! I never adjust the setting...i just keep in on 5 in the front, 4 in the back.

i used to have setting 5 in the rear but it over steered a little so i lowered it to setting 4 with took away the oversteer

Maybe ill try that.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
SRT Handz said:

Maybe ill try that.

You can't just ask what setting work and expect it to do the same on your car. The only true way to dial in a shock is to drive it hard (autoX or track), record the lap times, and play with them. See what works for your self and what doesn't. Running shocks on fully firm setting btw at all times is a good recipe for a blowout.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Actually it is a bad idea. Handz has different springs, different weight distribution. You always start off from fully soft and work your way up. There is a big difference between what feels fast and what is fast.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Actually it is a bad idea. Handz has different springs, different weight distribution. You always start off from fully soft and work your way up. There is a big difference between what feels fast and what is fast.

you dont wanna start off on the lowest setting with the Tokico 5 ways. Setting number one is REALLY REALLY SOFT

1 - Soft Soft
2 - Soft
3 - Stock
4 - Stiff
5 - Stiff Stiff

Setting 1 is REALLY REALLY Soft.... dont even both trying it out

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If you'd look at that link I've posted, you would see that unless the shock has been custom built/shock dynoed, the adjustment on them is never linear. What's more is that adjustment curve could be all over the place. The knob on there is not really for adjusting firmness or whatever, but rather to dial in shock valving for the spring you have. Even when I was playing with my Konis at the track, I started at fully soft, and worked to 1 and 1/4 turn to get the fastest time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chivo Viejo

Members online