Throwout bearing questions

DarkknightGT

Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gents! It's been quite a while since I've posted on this forum but I got some good news: my mustang is up and running again! Turns out the wires plugged into the distributor were bare, and arching against the block... effectively shorting out my entire ignition, from my plugs to my wires to my ccrm and my distributor!! Got that all replaced and runs like a champ, but now there's one last thing to tackle: the throwout bearing. This car supposedly has a stage 2 clutch in it, but the throwout bearing chirps and squeaks, when I barely push on the pedal, it effectively goes away!! Now I've gotten mixed opinions on this and even what I'm reading as well. Some say to replace the entire clutch, but some guys in my mustang group said to adjust the cable (apparently the throwout bearing is designed to sit slightly on the pressure plate) and it'll quiet it down. Mind you it's somewhat sentimental about going into first gear, if I don't hit it just right it'll pop out when taking off from a stop. But with all this banter I'm basically saying that I am stumped. I havent crawled underneath yet to assess but very soon I'll do that. It's also a 95 mustang gt with a t5 5 speed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
only use ford racing TOB, or I use to know the make/model that they just rebadge but I can't remember it now.....

OP
OP
DarkknightGT

DarkknightGT

Reaction score
only use ford racing TOB, or I use to know the make/model that they just rebadge but I can't remember it now.....
I was gonna go with the ones at oreillys (precision not masterpro, ive heard horror stories about the masterpro brands) and throw it back in.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are not all the same. I got an exidy stage 2 clutch and remember comparing the two and you could see the difference...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online