Trunk remote opening

GTamas

Reaction score
I can open my trunk with keys, or with the button in the glovebox, but I can't remeber that we ever had a button for it on the remote fob. It was always an aftermarket fob which came with the aftermarket alarm system.
Now I was told by a fellow 95 owner, that his is working remotely with the fob.
Did all cars have this feature, or was this an option? I'd like to be able to open the trunk with the remote.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I can open my trunk with keys, or with the button in the glovebox, but I can't remeber that we ever had a button for it on the remote fob. It was always an aftermarket fob which came with the aftermarket alarm system.
Now I was told by a fellow 95 owner, that his is working remotely with the fob.
Did all cars have this feature, or was this an option? I'd like to be able to open the trunk with the remote.
I think remote keyless entry was an option. My car is a 98 and has the trunk button on the fob.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it was an option. Look on the drivers side of the trunk behind the panels and you will see a box for it. Now if you had an aftermarket system installed it is more then likely up front in the drivers kick panel area. If you find the brand/model you can program a new remote to it

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
It seems my car came without this option. There is an aftermarket alarm system in it, but it has no possibility to trigger the trunk lid popper remotely. I don't want to mess with the alarm, nor replace it, so I'm thinking to add a remotely aperated relais to the glovebox pushbutton.

Do you know how the glovebox pushbotton triggers the trunk popper? Does it close a circuit when pushed, so it triggers the popper? I think it would be easy then to add a relais to the wiring behind the glovebox. What do you think?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you just need a momentary on switch and run a wire to a 12v constant, through the switch and then run the wire to the solenoid. I would be very surprised if the wiring isn't there for it already honestly just tucked up/hidden away.

OP
OP
GTamas

GTamas

Reaction score
you just need a momentary on switch and run a wire to a 12v constant, through the switch and then run the wire to the solenoid. I would be very surprised if the wiring isn't there for it already honestly just tucked up/hidden away.
So the solenoid opens the trunk if it receives 12v, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larame413