‘97 Cobra Restomod

joemomma

Reaction score
Looks good. I did the same to mine as my tint guy wouldn't tint the very top of the window where the "bumps" are. He said he won't tint that part because it won't stick reliably.

joemomma

Reaction score
Forgot to mention you did a really nice job it looks like. Mine didn't turn out that good lol. My next application will be better, I pulled it off before it went to paint.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
i ordered another roll because i messed up one corner so don't feel too bad :D

joemomma

Reaction score
Mine ended up with some bubbles. I used some slipper juice but didn't have any transfer paper, so I made a few marks on the vinyl trying to get the bubbles out. I quit while I was ahead. My next application I'll have some transfer paper.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Welp you guys are gonna think im nuts but... i'm selling it. Mission accomplished, its awesome, and im boring. She turned out to be a lot more racecar than GT cruiser than I intended so my loss will be someone else's gain. Oh and she went back to the tuner and made even more power :D so about 400 crank which translates to 330rwhp.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Well that’s a drastic change

Its just rowdier than I thought it would be in the end. fast, solid, loud (not the exhaust, just all the noises), and I discovered I just want something that is more of a cruiser.

Last edited:

Snorky

Reaction score
Its just rowdier than I thought it would be in the end. fast, solid, loud (not the exhaust, just all the noises), and I discovered I just want something that is more of a cruiser.

Suspension NVH get to you?

J_lope82

Reaction score
What do you think took it over the edge to the rowdy side?

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
What do you think took it over the edge to the rowdy side?

its probably a cummulative thing. delrin bushings, pillow ball joints, pillowball coilover tops, cooper tires don't really have good noise mitigation (so i read) and maybe my gear install makes more noise than it should? the sidepipes probably don't help too much either :) its fun as hell until you go to take a 3 hour drive :D she idles a rock steady 700rpms now so there she's quiet all day. my truck is louder than this thing at idle but man when she rips the thunder rolls.

Snorky

Reaction score
its probably a cummulative thing. delrin bushings, pillow ball joints, pillowball coilover tops, cooper tires don't really have good noise mitigation (so i read) and maybe my gear install makes more noise than it should? the sidepipes probably don't help too much either :) its fun as hell until you go to take a 3 hour drive :D she idles a rock steady 700rpms now so there she's quiet all day. my truck is louder than this thing at idle but man when she rips the thunder rolls.
Arent you also rocking a tq arm/phb?

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
I know its up for sale but I hate leaving things undone (and who knows maybe nobody wants this heap!) so i finally wired in the 12v plug as God intended.
also added some cloth tape around that bezel so no more squeeky squeeky.
1652552614341.png

joemomma

Reaction score
I saw the post on FB where it's listed. Ignore the trolls....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.